Anyone have the new Pixii + ?

Yeah. I jumped on it on the last day of discount, the 27th. My cost was US$383.91 after exchange rate and including postage back home. I have to pay the way out. JL Williams has the new RF in his and a review on YT:

The queue is starting in January. I am looking forward to the upgrade. I have kept up with the upgrades as offered, mechanical and firmware/software. That said, the Android app does not work on my Samsung A-14 5G but does work on the iPad. However I am on the developer channel for that. But the iPad does not fit in my pocket. Like everybody who writes soft/firmware it is never done soon enough or well enough to please the public. I expect that. You should read what the HB folks are whining about. LOL

Last edited:
Informative video.
But, I hope they will get to one more major upgrade.
FF.
To me having RF and framelines only capable of 42mm FOV is not worth of any money. I need at least real 35mm on 35mm in 35mm (not in EVF)

This is interesting. The mono dog from a Bayer sensor is a clever idea - be interesting to better understand the algorithm they’re using to derive the underlying values. There must be some element of colour analysis going on to calculate a luminance value from a red filtered pixel.

Is there room for a full frame sensor upgrade in the current body! It seems a logical path and would convince me - just because I like my lenses fields of view.

What else Pixii can improve on a aspc body but to move up to FF? I'm sure Pixii employees lurk in this forum sometimes...

A global shutter FF rangefinder would be a first...and if Pixii can pull it off before Leica then it'll surely garner more followers. Less mechanical components

What else Pixii can improve on a aspc body but to move up to FF? I'm sure Pixii employees lurk in this forum sometimes...

A global shutter FF rangefinder would be a first...and if Pixii can pull it off before Leica then it'll surely garner more followers. Less mechanical components
But will people buy a $6000-8000+ Pixii over a Leica M12 at $10000? I am sure Leica is working on a global shutter M12 with IBIS next.

But will people buy a $6000-8000+ Pixii over a Leica M12 at $10000? I am sure Leica is working on a global shutter M12 with IBIS next.

Sensor size is old marketing trick to overblown prices. Might work for Leica fans, but...

Canon sells FF RP for 900 USD and Fuji larger than FF sensor cameras are twice less expensive than digital M.

I don’t think it would need to cost that much. The price of the 128Gb model is e3,150 plus taxes. If they could add a full frame sensor for e800, which as KoFe points out could now be viable, then that becomes an attractive package in comparison to its main competitor.

Guys, we are talking about not just a FF sensor but a FF sensor with a global shutter. That is why it'll be expensive. The Pixii is already $3000+... it isn't going to stay that price.

They could move to a modular design as Ricoh did for the old GXR: sell a body with good RF, metering, controls, power supply for, say 2k € and then dedicated modules with different sensors and prices. A true monochrome FF sensor would cost more than a APS-C color sensor of course. But a modular camera would give photographers the freedom to work in b&w and color without having to carry around two RF bodies. They could even offer experimental features and a failure of a body or of a module would not compromise the whole system. Just my two cents, of course, but I really do not understand the monolithic approach of today's camera manufacturers.

For me no reason camera. No full frame and price like leica. If the price was around 1500 id consider it instead of a fuji xpro3 which is a great camera too. Sound like a niche product and if someone thinks that you can get a canon p+ 50mm for less than 500 the price is to me just crazy.

APS-C color sensor of course. But a modular camera would give photographers the freedom to work in b&w and color without having to carry around two RF bodies. They could even offer experimental features and a failure of a body or of a module would not compromise the whole system. Just my two cents, of course, but I really do not understand the monolithic approach of today's camera manufacturers.
They want to sell you more cameras, not less.

If someone made a set of fast and small 1.4 and 2.0 apsc lenses in M mount from 12mm to 18mm to fill in the gaps I would buy one. I can also use the lenses on native L mount bodies. Have TTartisan machine the parts to be assembled in France. Optics can come from Schott.

* Nah. Nonsensical idea!

Last edited:
If someone made a set of fast and small 1.4 and 2.0 apsc lenses in M mount from 12mm to 18mm to fill in the gaps I would buy one. I can also use the lenses on native L mount bodies. Have TTartisan machine the parts to be assembled in France. Optics can come from Schott.

* Nah. Nonsensical idea!
It’s FF, not APS-C, thus not small, but the Laowa 15mm f/2 has my interest to offset the sensor size. I liked the performance of their 17mm on GFX. That one also wasn’t small.

It’s FF, not APS-C, thus not small, but the Laowa 15mm f/2 has my interest to offset the sensor size. I liked the performance of their 17mm on GFX. That one also wasn’t small.

Voigtlander 10mm and 12mm but they don’t take filters. I suppose it doesn’t matter for color. I have the VC15mm and it’s excellent.

The price is fine, considering they are a niche within a niche, I'm amazed this camera exists at all. They do not have necessary economies of scale to do this for less...
Yes, the price is fine and I very much appreciate the fact that the camera has no rear screen, no video capabilities, meaningful size and controls and a clean design.

That said, I do not understand the need to increase the processing power (64bits processor) and the reported low battery life. If all post-processing is outsourced (which makes a lot of sense to me) what else needs to be done in the camera apart from metering and storing to memory? If the DNG files get post processed in a smartphone or in a tablet computer and the camera's battery is only used to shoot, it should last days, I would expect.

I have given up shooting with digital cameras years ago when Ricoh discontinued the GXR system. I was hoping that they (or some other manufacturer) will eventually come up with a well designed RF modular system (the GXR + M-mount was too small and the EVF was not very good either) with manual controls, a small, low-power B&W screen for changing settings and profiles, interchangeable modules for different (FF and crop) sensor/mount combinations and minimal in-camera post processing. Alas, Ricoh, Leica, Fuji and all the others went in exactly the opposite direction!

Back