Black or Silver? Poll

Black or Silver? Poll

• Black

Votes: 646 50.7%
  • Silver

Votes: 426 33.4%
  • Not bothered. Worthless question anyway!

Votes: 203 15.9%

• Total voters
I thought we had agreed long ago that chrome bodies take better pictures (same goes for lenses). Let's not debate settled science.

I'm now certain the reason my photos suck is because I didn't
spring for that extra ten bucks for the "professional black finish".

Chris

I thought we had agreed long ago that chrome bodies take better pictures (same goes for lenses). Let's not debate settled science.

And to think that Id be a pro photographer right now if I had only gone why the chrome kit. What misfortune!

I have some in both chrome and black. I think M5s look better in black, even though it's that hazy black chrome. And chrome M5s are also nice. I have a nice little chrome M2 and a chrome iiig that tempt me to have repainted black or Safari green.

All Leicas are good. =)

Film cameras I prefer black whether black paint or black chrome. With digital (don't get mad) and other disposal cameras I don't have a preference.

"I don't think they made M4-2, M4-P which I prefer to have in chrome and not expensive."

Ko.Fe. Both the M4-2 and M4-P were available in chrome...but smaller numbers than black...so they are hard to find & expensive.

I didn't even bother to take M-E out today, M4-2 is out from use until the end of heat season. In 2016 I have M4-P with outgassing crappy gasket material to VF window after it was under heat.
Silver Zorki and J-12 lens tackled down easely this freaking sun today. Everything black or even grey was getting extremely hot in this crappy heat wave in Ontario today.

I didn't even bother to take M-E out today, M4-2 is out from use until the end of heat season. In 2016 I have M4-P with outgassing crappy gasket material to VF window after it was under heat.
Ko.Fe, I looked at your local weather forecast and the high temperature over the next week will be 82F/28C. What is this heat you are talking about?

If a black camera presented itself while I was on the hunt, I wouldn't rule it out, but I've never owned a black painted camera. As a child of the 50's seems I am drawn to chrome like a moth to a flame.

Back