Camera and Coffee

The Yashica TL-Super was my first SLR!

I got a killer deal on a demo model, as a university student, in the spring of 1972.

This one looks really nice. Thanks for posting it.

- Murray

This was my first good camera, bought in the summer of 1971, shortly after joining the Navy. At that time there were great deals on cameras and stereos in the Navy Exchange, no taxes or import duties. That camera served me well for several years.

Wayne

A very good and wet morning to you! My favourite kind of day (the rain's stopped for now), and what better thing to do than to wander into the garden with a camera and a cup of coffee.

I just got these 1000f/1600f bellows this week and have been discovering new things in the garden through them. They don't come up for sale too often and when they do, they're usually more money than I'd like to spend. However these were priced right and my relatively low offer was accepted by the seller -- so even better! Came with the original box, original manual and even the original tissue paper. Topping it off are one of my modified 1000f's, the trusty NC2 finder, CFV II 50C digital back with its cable release, the 80/2.8 Opton-Tessar, the lower portion of an iFootage monopod and - the rarest piece in the lot here - a ROSS Sweden tripod head. This tripod head was one of the first camera items sold by Victor Hasselblad's retail stores in Sweden, and predates the 1600f by a couple of years. Despite its diminutive size, it's a surprisingly sturdy tripod head.

Can't forget the coffee of course -- Aldi Dark Roast in a Denny's mug. Like Rome, a Hasselblad kit isn't built in a day -- even with coffee :)

Bellows and Coffee.jpg

Back