Cosina Voigtlander F-S adapter clones

>>Any Machinist will tell you he needs a complete blue print drawing with all the accurate measurements on it, or a complete accurate copy of one in his hand to make these.<<

Anyone with access to Nikon RF and Nikon F cameras has access to the accurate measurements/variables, and the designer has worked with these before.

Thanks, James, for posting the images. I'm sure that helps quite a lot.

Amadeo used to make caps for Nikkor and Contax rangefinder lenses.
He already has those measurements since he made those caps.

Amadeo obviously has experience in making adapters, he already makes a variety of them.

check his ebay offerings, it's quite extensive!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/amedeo.m/m.html?ssPageName=STRK:MEFSXS:MESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654

After James24 was kind enough to post the photos of the adapter, I email Amedeo Muscelli with a link to this thread, and this is the reply I received from him tonight:

Hello Robert,

This is a easy adapter, the only part with some difficulty is the lock button for to release the adapter from the S mount, I can´t see it on this adapter
so will make my own design.

The next week I take christmas vacation from my main work, and will have time to design it, will keep you informed.

Regards,
Amedeo.

I am not involved in this venture in any way other than as someone who wants an adapter for himself, so I advise anyone who is interested in buying one if and when Amedeo makes them to contact him directly.
Robert

Can we call it an RBS Adapter anyway?

You are getting the prototype, I am jealous...

Amadeo used to make caps for Nikkor and Contax rangefinder lenses.
He already has those measurements since he made those caps.

Amadeo obviously has experience in making adapters, he already makes a variety of them.

check his ebay offerings, it's quite extensive!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/amedeo.m/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654

Can we call it an RBS Adapter anyway?

You are getting the prototype, I am jealous...

Why would you want to name it after me? All I did was suggest to someone who already makes adapters that he produce another in these particular mounts.
I think it makes more sense to name it after it's maker, the person who is doing all the work: Amedeo Nikon F-S adapter.
I might be getting one, but I don't have it yet, so you should save your jealousy for when it is actually in hand. Besides, I assume that after the initial prep work and confirmation that it fits and works, he'll be more than happy to crank out as many as people ask for. You can have one too. And if you like, you can tell people that he made the prototype for you. It will be our little secret.
Robert

So, in case anyone was wondering, this is what an F-S adapter looks like on the SP w/ 2.1cm lens attached:

It's a gorgeous setup. The 2.1cm is a great lens. Here's a snapshot I took today testing the rig at my usual location, a huge cemetery down the street from where I work:

It works very well. The 2.1cm lens comes on and off easily.

Now to get one of them there CV 15mm f/4.5 F-mount lenses....

Oh, and for anyone who wants to know, the F-S adapter works just fine on an Amedeo adapter, meaning I can then adapt F-mount lenses to LTM mount. Not particularly useful for someone just wanting a Nikon->Leica adapter but since I have both...might as well do it. On the M9 the 2.1cm is absolutely horrendous and even my attempt at creating a profile in CornerFix was unsuccessful. I might try with a better, more controlled lighting setup but for now it seems to be useless. Good thing I shoot mostly film.

An update for those of you interested in the F-S Adapter.
I received an email this morning from Amadeo reading as follows:
"Hi,
Hope to have the adapter ready in a couple of weeks, have some problems with the springs for the F mount.

Regards,
Amedeo."

It would seem these will soon be a reality.
I'll keep everyone posted.
Robert

another update:
The adapter is ready but Amedeo insists on sending it to me to inspect and ensure that it works before I send him payment(!!!!) What an incredible fellow!
I'll keep you all posted.
Robert

He said about $150.00, but I'm not sure if that includes shipping or not. We'll see.
Also, it's possible that since the R &D and initial prep work is done, the cost may drop depending on how many additional adapters he makes.
Again, I'm not the person to speak to: Amedeo is making them. I'm just a Nikon-using customer who wants one, so any inquiries should be directed to him.

Thanks, and you're right, I was just curious. Perhaps my F-S adapter is now worth more as a collectible, if his adapter works as well. Interesting to hear how it works for you. I am also wondering what lenses you are looking at using, and I wonder if the 2.1cm will work on your adapter.

Robert, I'm curious to know which lenses you plan to use on the adapter. The ideal ones would be the F-mount 12mm Heliar or 15mm Heliar, but they're hard to find these days and prices have skyrocketed.

Robert, I'm curious to know which lenses you plan to use on the adapter. The ideal ones would be the F-mount 12mm Heliar or 15mm Heliar, but they're hard to find these days and prices have skyrocketed.
You're right about the 12 or 15, but I'm not interested in buying either so, for now, I'll probably start off with my Vivitar 19 3.8 and experiment.

Another update.
I received a tracking notice from FEDEX that the adapter is on its way to me.
More when it arrives.

Yet another update;
Adapter delivered this morning by Fedex.
I'll see it when I get home tonight, and let you all know all about it.
Robert

The mount arrived today and it is stunning! The prototype is brass as I said I preferred it to a chromed finish, and the workmanship is exquisite.
It mounted easily on an SP body and my Vivitar 19mm 3.8 in Nikon F mount mounted easily to the adapter. Similarly the lens easily dismounted from the adapter and the adapter from the body, so the tolerances are excellent.
I plan to shoot a roll of print film on the weekend ( so I can get it developed quickly) to see how well I can scale focus.
I'm meeting a photobud this weekend and will get him to take a few digital shots of the adapter and lens mounted to a body so you can all see what it looks like.
I'm still waiting for Amedeo to give me a final cost for it so I can send him payment, but I suggest that anyone who has an interest in getting one contact him directly to discuss getting one made.
Robert

Can't wait until you post the shots of an adapter! Congratulation Robert.

The mount arrived today and it is stunning! The prototype is brass as I said I preferred it to a chromed finish, and the workmanship is exquisite.
It mounted easily on an SP body and my Vivitar 19mm 3.8 in Nikon F mount mounted easily to the adapter. Similarly the lens easily dismounted from the adapter and the adapter from the body, so the tolerances are excellent.
I plan to shoot a roll of print film on the weekend ( so I can get it developed quickly) to see how well I can scale focus.
I'm meeting a photobud this weekend and will get him to take a few digital shots of the adapter and lens mounted to a body so you can all see what it looks like.
I'm still waiting for Amedeo to give me a final cost for it so I can send him payment, but I suggest that anyone who has an interest in getting one contact him directly to discuss getting one made.
Robert

U15566I1427508457.SEQ.0.jpg

U15566I1427508457.SEQ.1.jpg

U15566I1427508457.SEQ.2.jpg

U15566I1427508458.SEQ.3.jpg

Prototype sent to Robert and waiting the test results.

Back