Do you want image stabilisation in camera?

Do you want image stabilisation in camera?

• Yes

Votes: 155 45.7%
  • No

Votes: 184 54.3%

• Total voters
I'd like to see some baby modes. The Panasonic G1 has 2. What's with Leica, not even one? o_O

Plus a cat mode, and a brick wall mode, and maybe a bookshelf mode.

This should easily cover 30-40% of all shooting situations.

Yes, in unstable camera like rangefinder in body IS is a must, even with wide angled lens.

If the camera is used properly, the only body that needs stabilizing is that of the photographer. I recommend two tots of high quality single malt whisky for that.

I body IS would be awesome, as long as the camera doesn't get even more expensive than it already is. Given that the cheapest P&S camera has it these days, I don't see how this can be a very complicated and expensive addition.

I body IS would be awesome, as long as the camera doesn't get even more expensive than it already is. Given that the cheapest P&S camera has it these days, I don't see how this can be a very complicated and expensive addition.

Yes, for a tiny sensor in a relatively big body.

How much bigger and heavier do you want an M9 to be, and how much battery life are you willing to give up?

Cheers,

R.

What does a baby mode has to do with IS? Although, I don't own a Leica (pupils are poooooor), I think, it wouldn't destroy the Leica into a crappy evil ;)

IS is superfluous. It is perfectly possible to handhold a Leica M camera and 35/50 mm lens at speeds of 1/4th or even 1/2 second with a very acceptable shooting rate. You don't believe me?
Scroll to post 12 and 13 in :this thread

IS is superfluous. It is perfectly possible to handhold a Leica M camera and 35/50 mm lens at speeds of 1/4th or even 1/2 second with a very acceptable shooting rate. You don't believe me?
Scroll to post 12 and 13 in :this thread

Because someone is capable of doing this does not mean that everybody can. Some people can hold 1/30 repeatable, some people can hold longer times. My success rate with 1/15 is around 75%. With an IS I had a success rate of 100%. Even with 1/8 an IS would allow me to have a success rate of 100% of sharp shots.

Yes, for a tiny sensor in a relatively big body.

How much bigger and heavier do you want an M9 to be, and how much battery life are you willing to give up?

Cheers,

R.

The Panasonic EPL2 isn't a very big body (very much smaller than my M8) AND and the sensor isn't that small. I very much doubt that the in-body IS electronics will make an appreciable difference to the weight. Battery life is, however, a good point.

Cheers,

R.

Excellent points Roger, and I'll add, and how much more expensive do you want it to be, and how many more things do you want in it that can malfunction and put it out of your use for weeks-months in service?

Especially as the best way to do this on a CCD with M lenses is a mechanical system on the sensor. Accuracy?

Excellent points Roger, and I'll add, and how much more expensive do you want it to be, and how many more things do you want in it that can malfunction and put it out of your use for weeks-months in service?

The EPL-1 with a lens is what $600? If Leica were reasonable how much should it add to the cost? $10-20? 50?

Back