domke 803 - i don't think i like it

I use (in order of increasing size) a Domke F-6, a Domke F-2, and a new Domke F-1X. I also still have my Domke F-803, but I bought the clone, as I said above, because I thought it was a better bag.

I'm English BTW... :)

TeePee Smith don't pick on peter_n for not recommending buying American. He has a number of Domke which I assume he bought in the US but if the clone suits his needs better than why shouldn't he go for it.

peter_n is a Brit, like me, but I'm still in the UK where we pay around twice the prices you do, hence me having ordered the clone bag. I'm coming over to NYC and Boston in a few weeks and if I get chance I'll be keeping out an eye for a bargain.

kuvvy said:
TeePee Smith don't pick on peter_n for not recommending buying American. He has a number of Domke which I assume he bought in the US but if the clone suits his needs better than why shouldn't he go for it.

peter_n is a Brit, like me, but I'm still in the UK where we pay around twice the prices you do, hence me having ordered the clone bag. I'm coming over to NYC and Boston in a few weeks and if I get chance I'll be keeping out an eye for a bargain.

Feel free to call me "Tom". OK, sorry... my bad. I guess the "Boston, USA" in his location is what made me assume peter_n is American.

Come to America, my friend, and buy the real deal. Bring cash, though, the streets are no longer paved with gold. ;) Enjoy your visit!

You may need to pull some or all of the foam 'armor' plates out of the divider. You certainly don't need the two on the ends. This will give you more space. I use mine with no plates except on the floor of the bag and never had a problem.

Turn the cameras on their side, so the lens faces inward. You should be able to comfortably fit two M bodies mounting 35/50 and a spare lens or two in that bag.

as a side note, my latest used domke 5xb bag arrived today.
it is a thing of beauty and function to me!

it will be home to the nikon s3 kit.

i noticed (takes a while) that the 803/802 straps do not swivel like those on the 5xb. i uunderstand that having the strap go under the bag helps with strength/security but i love the swivel and it makes the larger bags seem much more rigid to use.
joe

Hey, Joe:

I just took a look at the 5xb ($59 at BH) and it looks quite cool in khaki. Probably hold a Bessa R and a couple of lenses easily?

Ted

back alley said:
as a side note, my latest used domke 5xb bag arrived today.
it is a thing of beauty and function to me!
New bags carry cameras. Old bags carry stories. :)

- Barrett

I have the 5xb as well. It's a nice bag for small camera and lens, too bad it has to be labeled as a man purse.

A friend of mine carries a wine-maroon leather man purse. In it is a 9mm Glock. There's a concealed slit on one end so he can access the Glock without having to fiddle around opening the purse.

He's a detective.

I'll tell my detective friend about the matching shoes. He's very much into style - admittedly a rather loosely used term here in the great Southwest.

The model's bag pose is absurd here:

img10211037927.jpeg

tedwhite said:
I'll tell my detective friend about the matching shoes. He's very much into style - admittedly a rather loosely used term here in the great Southwest.

Tell him to go for nickel plate; chrome is so last year... for a Glock that is

ywenz:

Clearly, this bag looks lots better after it's been washed.

But I love the hairdo.

Ted

Here is the perfect RF bag

Here is the perfect RF bag

The smaller version: Petrol PMDCB ~ $50
Interior Dimensions 7.87 x 4.33 x 7.09" (20 x 11 x 18 cm) (LxWxH)
392586.jpg

The larger version of this bag is named Petrol PDCB-N ~ $50
Interior Dimensions 10.4 x 5.5 x 9" (26.5 x 14 x 23 cm) (LxWxH)

It has it all - bit of padding, bottom compartment for lenses (a major perk for me), fairly quick access to gear, small size. I just ordered one from B&H to test this theory.

Back