Eggleston Sale tonight

I've always liked Eggleston's work. He captures suburban life--if not the banality of suburban life--of another era in such a way that always appeals to me. It's like looking at a photographic rendition of an Updike novel. His use of color always fascinates me.

Banal suburban life on banal inkjet paper, at non-banal prices (roll the quote by P. T. Barnum...)

Site's broken! I can't set the "Estimate Filter" to an amount I could afford. :)

But, it's very inspiring work. I could use some of his invigoration. Thanks for the post!

Do they sell them also in sq.inches like pieces of puzzle? Then I may afford for a piece from my favorite one (Lot 22, The Bare Bulb :rolleyes: ) at $94.69/sq.in.

A friend got him to sign his cigarette lighter. I might be able to afford something like that.

Do they sell them also in sq.inches like pieces of puzzle? Then I may afford for a piece from my favorite one (Lot 22, The Bare Bulb :rolleyes: ) at $94.69/sq.in.

I'm not sure why someone would use the term, "banal ink-jet paper".
Isn't one of the great things about ink-jet, the huge variety of papers available? I mean, certainly compared to traditional photo papers.

Gary

Eggleston is by far my favorite photographer. the picture ive had set as my desktop is going for $422,500, i think ill stick with my free copy.

I wonder what Mr Eggleston will do with all that money ... hire a better editor for the next sale would be my suggestion

Back