Fujifilm X100V leaked photos

seems like a fairly big update comparing to the x100t/f cameras. Lens + weather seal alone are considerable upgrades. I would be interested if i don't have x100t. I started with the original x100 which was very slow. I have taken x100t to trips and really enjoyed its company. If you don't have a fixed everyday camera, this could be it (way cheaper than Leica Q, Q2).

It is way cheaper but not FF, and nowhere near the resolution of the Q2.

But it is way way way cheaper. I'd be happy with it. I like the OVF option as EVFs give me a headache.

It is way cheaper but not FF, and nowhere near the resolution of the Q2.

This only matters when printing very large (and want 300 DPI at large numbers) or if you crop a lot. Many people think they need it, but how many really use it? My max I've used was 42mp. Also, luckily, when someone bought very big prints from me, I was happy they were from these 42mp files. The 24-26mp Fuji files would have been ok, but the 42mp files were perfect for the size and at very close up inspection.

Received my X100V last week. For me this camera is one of the peak-points in my long journey through fixed-lens portable cameras including Minox 35, Rollei 35 (several), Minolta Hi-Matic F, Olympus Mju II, Finepix F30 and X100f.

The X100V is a a very fine camera making several substantial steps forward. The body is well made, better than the F by quite a margin. The finder has higher clarity in OVF as well as EVF both are now a joy to use by any standard. The tiltable LCD is nicely integrated and flush to the outlines of the body. If you don't need it, you hardly notice it's there. The D-Pad made room for my right thumb. I moved the functions on now missing buttons elsewhere on the body and called it a day as I can now grab the camera without inadvertently pushing any buttons. Sidenote: I do not use the Touchscreen except for review (pinching, swiping). I disabled it as well as the reminder in the finder.

Internally the updated electronics show. Face recognition is much more responsive and usable, one battery last 300-400 shots, body gets warm but not hot in moderate temperatures.

Biggest point for me is the updated lens. The softness close up, wide open is gone. This never really bothered me as I consider this normal for an f2-wideangle, just stop down a bit, et voila! What I therefore consider a much bigger improvement is the improved sharpness at the borders at or close to infinity. The older lens was softer at the edges than I liked on a 24 MPix-Sensor which has the potential for well defined large prints. At least in my book this was the biggest downside of X100F. The X100V remedies this. From first impression it's not quite as bitingly sharp in the center as its predecessor but still on a very high level. All in all the lens now is a well rounded, universally usable package with nice character and enough detail and contrast to give pictures that 3D-look which is usually attributed to top-notch lenses. Well done, Fuji.

I like this camera a lot, it is a joy to use and the quality of the results is (finally) in any regard up to the specs of the Sensor.

Internally the updated electronics show. Face recognition is much more responsive and usable, one battery last 300-400 shots, body gets warm but not hot in moderate temperatures.

Biggest point for me is the updated lens. The softness close up, wide open is gone. This never really bothered me as I consider this normal for an f2-wideangle, just stop down a bit, et voila! What I therefore consider a much bigger improvement is the improved sharpness at the borders at or close to infinity. The older lens was softer at the edges than I liked on a 24 MPix-Sensor which has the potential for well defined large prints. At least in my book this was the biggest downside of X100F. The X100V remedies this. From first impression it's not quite as bitingly sharp in the center as its predecessor but still on a very high level. All in all the lens now is a well rounded, universally usable package with nice character and enough detail and contrast to give pictures that 3D-look which is usually attributed to top-notch lenses. Well done, Fuji.

Yes, these are the parts that interest me the most. I'm a fan of face recognition for candids and street, and the softness at f2 of the original lens bugged me a fair bit. Knowing that there have been big improvements in the lens is very reassuring. Thank you for your impressions.

Briefly had a chance to handle the X-100V in London. A fine, high quality camera, beautifully made and put together, especially the black version.

Only downside is the lack of a weather sealed lens without buying the filter kit.

If I was in the market for a camera with a fixed 35mm for general family and travel use it would be top of my list by a country mile.

One upside of using a filter is that it further dampens the sound of the lens and shutter. As quiet as it is on the original X100, it's much more quiet with the filter in place.

X100V in house

X100V in house

I preordered an X100V in black and it arrived yesterday. Will be putting it through paces over the next few days / weeks...but in the meantime, enjoy my fake Zeiss homage filter setup! :)

49658488652_1f900226cd_b.jpg
[/url]X100V 1 by Rich Green, on Flickr[/IMG]

49657672678_e9a1436088_b.jpg
[/url]X100V 2 by Rich Green, on Flickr[/IMG]

cool Rich,
can’twait to see some photos... Congrats !

Thanks Helen! Do you still own a flavor of Fuji, or are you all-Leica now?

You have a couple of pics on your Flickr page that look like they were shot on a Fuji...and are quite good!

I ask because my plan is to basically evaluate the X100 against the M Monochrom to see which I prefer. The loser may end up on the chopping block. I love the M9M, and it definitely feels more robust / premium in hand, but the Acros sim from Fuji is also compelling...plus .....yeah...color too.

Thanks Helen! Do you still own a flavor of Fuji, or are you all-Leica now?

You have a couple of pics on your Flickr page that look like they were shot on a Fuji...and are quite good!

I ask because my plan is to basically evaluate the X100 against the M Monochrom to see which I prefer. The loser may end up on the chopping block. I love the M9M, and it definitely feels more robust / premium in hand, but the Acros sim from Fuji is also compelling...plus .....yeah...color too.

yes I do love Fuji too... have had X100T,X100F, XE3 with fuji 35 f2 wr
ADORE Acros simulatiom so Beautiful !

I sent back Miss M9M and asked for a used Leica Q v1 instead... more versatile for my needs... Colour, though fixed I say YUM to a 28 Summilux, interesting crop factor 35 /50 and macro...plus I really dig that 'maestro' sensor

I still want a fuji again though presently my pockets are finished after Miss Q

so Cool to hear someone has finally gotten the X100V !!

Please let us know how you get on with Miss Q. That is another one that is oooh so tempting. I'm sure you have seen the YT video reviews...but the Leica Q is one of those cameras that seems to have a lot of 'influencer' types hooked.

It is a gorgeous piece of kit...and Leica made some great choices for that system...also...really quite a bargain considering what you would pay for that lens alone on an M system (and without macro at that).
What is not to love?

Here is pretty much the first shot I exposed on the Fuji so far. Acros simulation and some close focus. Slight curve adjust, but rest straight from camera:

49658367633_4cc61bcef8_k.jpg
[/url]Eyeglasses by Rich Green, on Flickr[/IMG]

Back