1:05 AM
How do you like your bodies?
Try to do a poll.
1. Black chrome
2. Black Paint
3. Chrome
4. Black Polycarbonate
5. Other

I like the ones that work more than the ones that don't. I like them based upon their reliability, for the most part, so my favorites would be a Nikon F2 and a Bell & Howell 70DL 16mm motion picture camera. After that would be a Nagaoka 4x5 and a Nikonos V. The Leica M4 is down the list.
Many of the plastic ones (mostly "black polycarbonate") don't work as they were purchased as parts cameras to make others work.
I don't really care about the finish of the camera when exposing film though. Maybe it makes a difference if the weather is super hot.
I guess the green rubber over the green paint of my Nikonos V helps keep me camouflaged when I'm out shooting it in the wild of Philadelphia.

Phil Forrest

Depends on the specific camera body I think. Some look better in chrome and others better in black. I am not a particular fan of brassed black paint, as many seem to be. I prefer finishes that hold up well, and that tends to be chrome or black chrome.

Slender and shapely.

…Oh, you meant cameras. Actually, I'm not too picky—I like real cameras made of metal, so either black paint or chrome are fine with me.

BTW, I have 4 black paint on brass (Not all are Leica), and one black chrome and one chrome. So ya, I guess I'm a black paint sort of guy, mostly.

I would go for Chrome. There are some cameras that I like on black (like Leica M5 and Canon F1) but mostly chrome myself.

Solid titanium. Not that I ever owned any of those Leica limited editions.

Otherwise black chrome.

yep, titanium coated only on the M6 and other M Ti bodies.

But, I think the Xpan body might be completely titanium, plus some aluminum/plastic parts.

That said, I love the Xpan and the M6 Ti I own. BUT, I absolutely love black paint on brass Leica bodies and other film bodies. Great look when they're used and shot with.

Let’s see....right now my favorite material is black on black foam core so, black I guess. But other than homebuilt cameras most of mine are chrome which is just fine by me.

Back