• 1 t0 3

Votes: 33 24.1%
  • 4 to 6

Votes: 50 36.5%
  • more 6

Votes: 55 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
More than six and way too many to count.

35mm SLRs
35mm rangefinders
medium format rangefinders
medium format SLRs
large format view camera
DIY pinhole film cameras
toy film cameras
compact digitals
micro 4/3 digitals
APS-C digital mirrorless cameras
APS-C digital SLR cameras
cell phone camera

Very many, except my antique phone. I have been using these cameras for many years, and I am familiar with their quirks. My urge to buy more of them has largely dissipated, even though I would consider buying a Fuji X-H2, if it was ever brought to market. I also would like to replace my Zeiss Biogon 2.8/28 but, at least for now I can't. Cheers, OtL

I use one, maximum two at one time.

If I purchase camera and it is not in use, I sell it.
I have to sell dozen on cameras, but with covid, shipping, local sales are problematic.

Many n the collection are loaded with film, it’s really a “flavor of the moment” choice as to what I take and shoot. More or less I buy them, or build them, shoot some film and then move on. In many ways the Camera interests me more than the Photograph. I am a dull unspirited photographer who has never liked any images he’s made.

I use what I have in my daily use designated camera bag. It has been these cameras for the past few months: Leica M3, M8, and M9.

The M3 has the 16mm Hologon on it. I need a film camera since such an old design wide angle lens does not work well with digital cameras. The M9 usually has with it a 35mm lens, while the M8 works very well for me with a 50mm lens.
I get 16mm-35mm-66mm views.

I also use on occasions the Hasselblad SWC and the (old) M 4/3 Olympus E-PL and E-P2.

I'm down to using just my A7ii and A7iii, plus one of three SD1000's for those quick, I need to take a picture of this shots.
It's the lens count that is hard to get right.

In a year:
- Mamiya RB67
- Voigtländer Bessa R2
- Contax T
- Nikon F2AS
- Nikon 35 Ti
- Nikon FE
- Olympus 35 SP
- Mamiya 645 Pro Tl
- Nikon D600
- Nikon F100
- Franka Solida III e
and many others less regularly

rotating my usage fleet depending on what I feel like shooting with
-yashica 124g
-pentax me super or mx
-leica m3
-instakon rf70
-fuji x100v
-canon eos r

I'm down to using just my A7ii and A7iii, plus one of three SD1000's for those quick, I need to take a picture of this shots.
It's the lens count that is hard to get right.

The siren call of the lenses! When I bought the Nikkormat, a nice fifty was all it needed because I had a good set for the Leica. Well, maybe I'll add a 28, they're not very expensive. Oh, look, an 85 1.8...

Thanks for all of the replies, keep it going.

I picked 4-6. Depending on mood, and other factors I choose from these categories (shown in order of frequency of use over the last couple years):

Rangefinder- Contax iia (Kieve 4a, much less frequent)
Fujifilm XT-2
M42 (a few different cameras, Prakticas*, Fujica St605n*, Spotmatics*, Icarex 35S, * main ones)
Kodak Retina Reflex (have on camera, but multiple lenses)
Medium format- Ihagee 6x9 folder and Mamiya TLR outfit (my main cameras in the 1980s and 90s).
P&S- Konica Big Mini
Some of the subsequent posts reminded to add the iPhone, mostly for note taking or because it was the only camera I had.

6+ would have been fair also...

Normally two SLRs from any of my 4 Leica Rs (for preference the R8 and SL2). Then for the lovely 40mm Voigtlander Ultron SL f2, one of my two remaining manual Nikons.

For rangefinder work, mostly my M5 or M3, but my new M2 will be used far more with the arrival of the 8 element replica.

Then either of a Rolleiflex 2.8F or Mamiya RB67 for the different medium format options, but now pretty infrequent.

For the bluest of blue moons, my Linhof 4x5 or my 4x5 pinhole.

I counted at least 6 and voted, but then I see people are including digital, so that just blows my number right out of the water...

5 digital (plus the cell)
Filmwise I cycle about 10 cameras. But it is a slow cycle because I have too little time left for photography

In the past year I’ve shot and developed film from 5 cameras;
Minox IIIs (film slit from 35mm Ilford Pan F bulk, expired 5/09)
Olympus Pen F
Kodak Tourist (feed chamber adapted to 120)
Homemade 4X5 (using paper as negative)
Homemade pinhole camera also using photo paper

Edit: For some reason I thought it meant film cameras only, must learn to pay attention.
So, also used my EM10, but mostly as a spot meter for my film cameras. It was no more expensive than many dedicated spot meters.

I have 11 cameras and use them all for different purposes or what mood I'm in:

2x Leica Mini -- street photos
3x Leica M4 -- for my more "serious" documentary and travel photography
1x Nikon point & shoot film camera -- exclusively for weddings
1 Fuji X-T3 -- for family snapshots
1 Mamiya RZ67 -- both street and documentary
1 Linhof V 4x5 -- love that thing! For landscapes and portraits
2 Polaroid -- for parties and other social gatherings

In the last 12 months, I have used:

Arca Swiss Field (4x5) with various lenses
Travelwide 90 with Schneider Angulon 90mm
Minolta Weathermatic Dual 35 35mm Camera (for beach/underwater photos)
Sony RX100 III
iPhone (mostly for digitizing prints and as notebook)

Have not used any 120 stuff in a couple of years, so probably time to sell it :)

In rotation I keep three M mount, two LTM, two Nikon APS-C, and 2 6x6. Still working on getting back into 4x5. Then there are the special cameras that come out for certain occasions, like Nikon RF month, and Argust day.

PF

Back