How old were you when you got your first Leica?

I was 26 or 27 when I got my first Leica. It was a R4 with 35 mm and 90 mm lens. For some reason I forgot, I was not so happy with the set and sold a a couple of months later already.
Two years ago bought a leica again an d-lux4. This I sold a couple of months ago to buy the X100. So for some odd reason it looks that I do not stick that long on a Leica. Must be something wrong with me ;-)

Got my first (and only) Leica when I was 21 back in March of 1973. It was an M2 that I bought used with a 35 Summicron, plus 50 and 90 collapsible Elmars for the princely sum of $330. I sold the 50 and 90 since I had no use for them. I loved that M2, but sold it in 1975 for what I had paid for it and the 3 lenses. Still kinda kick myself about that every so often, but then I don't shoot film anymore, although I just cannot part with my Nikon F, 35/2, 55/3.5 Micro and 85/1.8.

My first (and only), as a birthday present to myself - a used M6 "classic" from seller on RFF, waiting for it to be returned with "MP upgrade", any day now.

44, M7 + 2,8/28mm Elmarit. A year later a 2,0/50mm Summicron and a few years later a C.V. 4,5/15mm-M and a 2,5/75mm Summarit.

26, a converted SS M3 about a few days ago! no leica lenses, but I have some nice russian lenses and some voigtlanders.

seems a lot of people here got their leicas in their 20's.

Back