Leica to announce a new M-mount M6 film camera in Oct 2022

I used to have a limited edition white toaster. I think it was a rebranded Panasonic. The less said about it the better. I now have a re-issue chrome one which seems to be doing the job pretty well. I swapped out the red dot with a black dot I got from DAG so it was more inconspicuous on the counter.

Reactions: wet
So, who bought a new M6?

LOL! You know, on reflection, I could see my way to buying one of these instead of an M-A simply because there is no significant difference between my M4-2 and the M-A, other than the rewind knob, and it might be nice to have a metered Leica M film body too.
But my interest is strictly future tense, and still a point of some decision making, not past tense and a done deal.. :)

G

I found it difficult to watch that 'unboxing' video. Editing is always the short suit of those videographers. I have an M6. It's terrific. It has a couple of scratches when I walked through a trip wire in a coastal town and was nearly dead from the approaching garbage truck. Amazed my expensive equipment didn't fare worse. All the pictures I took of my small children were taken with that M6. It is still in perfect workinng order. But my M2. That is a camera apart. It is the MA, only better. So a new M6? Pass. A new M? Either the MA or the MP. And in Melbourne on Saturday seeing second hand M2s for over $2000 AUD: might be that a new camera is a realistic proposition. If I was just starting out.

Back