M9 sensor replacement poll....

M9 sensor replacement poll....

• My M9/ME still has the original sensor

Votes: 23 22.8%
  • My M9/ME has the replacement sensor

Votes: 78 77.2%

• Total voters
M-E latest batch from 2015. Purchased new in 2016. Corrosion appeared in 2017, was replaced for free via Toronto Downtown Camera in 2018.

I'm finding new sensor to be less sharp and different in rendering.

M-E latest batch from 2015. Purchased new in 2016. Corrosion appeared in 2017, was replaced for free via Toronto Downtown Camera in 2018.

I'm finding new sensor to be less sharp and different in rendering.

Heard the opposite for the Monochrom

My M9 does not "sport" anything. Sport is a noun, not a verb.

I do take care of it and pack with descant and no lens when not in use. Home has AC so low humidity.

If it needs a clean, hand blower fist, then my air brush set to low, sensor brush, and then Sticky wand. All as needed only.
One time cleaned with Eclipse before corrosion issue was known.

Mine was the last M9P New Jersey had so it was late.

My M9 does not "sport" anything. Sport is a noun, not a verb.

I do take care of it and pack with descant and no lens when not in use. Home has AC so low humidity.

If it needs a clean, hand blower fist, then my air brush set to low, sensor brush, and then Sticky wand. All as needed only.
One time cleaned with Eclipse before corrosion issue was known.

Mine was the last M9P New Jersey had so it was late.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

VERB

1. with object Wear or display (a distinctive item)
‘he was sporting a huge handlebar moustache’

Also, "Desiccant" not 'descant'.

:cool:

I go with the OED.

Yes, I bristled at the dismissal of sport as a verb, and fired off my own reply before I read down and saw your response which of course sited a superior reference. That'll teach me to reply before I've read through.

Anyway, I should shut up and bow out since I don't even own an M9; just reading out of curiosity, as one casually in the market for a secondhand M digital.

My M9 was purchased in early 2010 in Melbourne. Sensor was replaced in 2017, having suffered a lot of corrosion. Now, it's beautiful.

Back