Olympus Pen FT

The 60mm f1.5, 70mm f2 and 38mm f2.8 Pancake are all very desirable, and very expensive lenses. If I had gobs of money I'd look for those optics as well as for the 25mm f2.8 and the 250mm f5

But alas, these are way....way past my budget. But nevermind, I'm quite content with my present kit and besides, I don't have Eric's eye or even 10 % of his talent.

You see, I'm more of a tinkerer with cameras, not a real photographer.

One thing I would like to see for the Pen is for some enterprising chap to scan an original pen rear lens cap and then 3D print them. I really don't know if this is economically feasible, they may cost too much per unit to sell. But there is a real need for rear lens caps for Pen F lens.

The 60mm f1.5, 70mm f2 and 38mm f2.8 Pancake are all very desirable, and very expensive lenses. If I had gobs of money I'd look for those optics as well as for the 25mm f2.8 and the 250mm f5

But alas, these are way....way past my budget. But nevermind, I'm quite content with my present kit and besides, I don't have Eric's eye or even 10 % of his talent.

You see, I'm more of a tinkerer with cameras, not a real photographer.
Most Pen lenses are very good, or at least the ones I have. The 20mm f/3.5 is a honey. I got a 25mm f/2.8 for $59 with leather case... I think so low because I took a chance on a very dirty lens. And came out ok because the plentiful dust was just the powdered glue from the case. Cleaned up beautifully. Rear cap from KEH for $10.

I do have the 70mm f/2 as well, but paid $350 for that one.

Olympus Pen FT, Zuiko 40mm f/1.4, Tmax100.

Erik.

16568369523_782c4e4699_c.jpg

Erik your photos are most impressive! You are an amazing photographer, I feel inspired and I am stunned by their technical quality too.

Why I am posting here now: If anyone is looking for the 1.5/60, there is one offered for 400 usd here: http://forum.mflenses.com/olympus-g-zuiko-auto-t-11-5-60mm-lens-for-pen-ft-camera-t70659.html
This is a very good price for this lens, I bought mine more expensively a few years back in Japan. ( not affiliated with the buyer, though time ago I had sold a 1.4/40 to him and I know that he is a reputable member of mflenses )

I very much like my Pen-F lenses, the 3.5/20, 2.8/25, 4/25, 1.8/38, 1.4/40, 1.5/60 and 3.5/100 ( also have the 50-90 zoom but haven't really used it much yet ). However I have not been using them on film, but on NEX5n and Ricoh GXR M. Yes, on the M mount, I converted my Pen-F lenses to Leica M ( fully and easily reversible ). I have been posting some photos in a few other sections in this forum.
Small like RF lenses and needing a similar short adapter Pen-F Zuikos imo make a perfect match for any APS-C mirrorless camera, the normal and long lenses even do great on FF, I read and see. Most are more economical than RF glass and the Pen-Fs offer closer minimal focus distance to boot.

A current project involves my FT and XE1 trading off the 25 2.8 and 40 1.4 lenses. They're great on the Fuji, as Garrett notes.

But I misplaced my Pen -2 diopter eyepiece! an awful loss, they're so hard to find.

If anyone knows of an unused -2, -3, or even a -1, I'd love to know (I.e. buy) it.

I always miss the close focus from my PEN FT when I use my RFs.

Scan-150614-0009 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

Scan-150614-0012 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

And the fun of combining two shots.

Scan-150614-0010 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

Scan-150614-0013 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

And, heck, the camera is so easy to carry, to anywhere. Even the never-ready case works fine.
Mirror Dance by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

Scan-150309-0043 by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

All are shot with FT+ 38mm f/1.8 lens with various negatives. Home processed (Tetenal C41) and no post-process.

For those needing rear lens caps for their Pen-F lenses, get one from a modern 4/3 digital camera. They fit near perfectly. And are easily obtainable.

I find Mr. Kevin most unpleasant to deal with. I've dealt with him because I collect Alpas and he has a lot of Alpa.
I've decided not to deal with him anymore.

As long as this thread has resurfaced: has anyone got a spare rewind crank from an FT? Mine works fine, but it lacks the little cylinder that you grip to turn, and so turning is rather a chore.

I just pulled mine off the shelf and played with it for a while.
What a fine camera! And so technically interesting: porro prism, rotary shutter, small-especially with the pancake lens.

Truly delighted with the Pen-FT.
Just shot first roll with it, before the battery adapter arrived.
The adapter I bought is hand made by Frans de Gruijter, I'll use the meter on next roll.
I shot using the great "myLightMeter" app on the phone and by intuition.
Love the experience and the results.

38/1.8 @1.8 1/500 on Ektar. Frontier SP-3000 scanner:

med_U51586I1473806754.SEQ.1.jpg

Back