Pictures from Rome with Holga and Diana

Stunning. Absolutely stunning. makes me want to hang up my Bessa, SLRs, DSLRs and every other gadget I own in frustration. Keep up this great work.

Last edited:
The photos look old time,with vignetting and just the right motif.
I like them a lot.

Hey Epimetheus, I went to Rome for six days this summer, and I took the same picture as you. I was looking through your photos, and saw that picture #6 is almost identical to this one I took. It is definitely the exact same street. I thought it was funny.

2769408343_92d88ec72f_o.jpg

You can check out other photos I took at my photo blog below.

Fantastic work. Just goes to show, the limiting factor is rarely the equipment. well done.

May I ask how much post processing did you do or are the pictures straight from the cameras? I know of them but don't know much, are they square format naturally or re-crop? Are the vinyetting something you put in/enhanced? Would love to know how much is camra and how much is you.

thanks!

The square-format 120 film Holga sells for around.... the princely sum of.... $25. :) And you get the vignetting for free! But be sure to take along a roll of gaffers tape to seal up the light leaks.

Thank you all for your kind comments! It’s always interesting to hear what people thing as their favorite.

May I ask how much post processing did you do or are the pictures straight from the cameras? I know of them but don't know much, are they square format naturally or re-crop? Are the vinyetting something you put in/enhanced? Would love to know how much is camra and how much is you.
thanks!

My post processing this time involved removing dust, adding contrast and a little dodge and burn to some images. I usually use no more than couple of minutes for pp per image. Holga and Diana takes 120 film and they are square format. Vignetting comes naturally with these cameras but it is somewhat enhanced by adding contrast to the whole image.

Hey, great pictures! Where do you think I could buy a holga in Finland?

Huomasin vasta tiedostonimistä, että oon suomalainen! Koulussa ku oon nii ei flashi galleriaa pystyny katella nii piti sitten katella tuolta /images/ hehe.

Great shots, I especially like #10, like the others have said now I really want to try my hand at shooting with a Holga.

Back