Retro PiNuPs from Leica M8 ~ FINALLY!

LeicaTom

Watch that step!
Local time
12:42 PM
Well, I promised to post work, I've been shooting with my M8 and vintage lenses, as I go along, so I'll be using this thread to show off some examples :)

THIS THREAD IS ONLY TO SHOW MY PERSONAL WORK AS I GO ALONG WITH MY LEICA M8 THANK YOU. :)

"Sleeping Beauty"

My darling local Muse' Amaris shot a while ago, here in WH ~ wearing all original 1960's wardrobe, mini dress, garters, panties and patterned stockings, with those crazy Japanese GoGo boots,..........part of my 1960's ongoing Elmer Batters tribute project :D

*JFYI: Elmer Batters 1919-1997 was one of the premiere Fetish Photographers who specialized in Leg Art, Stockings, Panties and Feet in 1950's/60's magazines like
"Black Silk Stockings" and "Tip Top" his work now is highly coveted by collectors worldwide*

Leica M8 w/ 1957 Nikkor HC f2/50 in LTM set at f2 or f2.8 something, straight out of the camera, no postprocessing, just cropped a little bit.....

Enjoy!

Tom

Last edited:
Tom - first, condolences on the loss of your brother. I love this. It takes, me right back to my "***** and Span" days.

Great concept for a pinup, Tom you are a master of this. I was surprised at the yellow color cast on her face, and wonder if this should maybe be corrected.

Tom - first, condolences on the loss of your brother. I love this. It takes, me right back to my "***** and Span" days.

Thank you M, yes that was highly unexpected, we talked to him right over the phone, less than 12 hours before he died, (heart attack) he was in his late 50's, we are very saddened and well, I just feel numb, I'm trying to keep my mind busy and well, I'm working on photos today, so I will share some of my work with everyone here at RFF.

Thanks again, and yes, I do know that magazine "Sp*ck & Span" thanks to George Harrison Marks and wasn't it George Gay? UK's #1 "girlie" magazine in the early 1960s :)

Tom

It is much better but it reminds me a little of those middle 60s record albums: like maybe an Andre Kostelanetz album. Keep them coming these are great.

Great concept for a pinup, Tom you are a master of this. I was surprised at the yellow color cast on her face, and wonder if this should maybe be corrected.

Thank you so much Rob, sometimes I force this by filters or settings in the camera, to give it that "faux" Kodachrome/SLIDE look, while I always try to get the shots looking about the same time the lenses were made, so sometime's I correct it other times not, this shot was one I liked so much to just show it off as a straight out of the camera photo.....

Tom

Last edited:
Tom,

Your image is certainly more 60s and waaaaaay better that this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30725261@N05/4486921955/

Carter

HAAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

Carter, I think I HAVE that album somewhere around the house here LOL!!!!!!!

I have to do a typical early 1960's "Girl Trap" Bachelor Pad shoot again..........white fur rug, big haired model ~ implied topless, wearing just gloves and panties with a Champagne glass and bottle ;)

*I really hate my job.......*

Tom

Last edited:
Tom you always produce some of my favorite images. thanks for sharing.
I always look your way for inspiration.

I want/need a vintage 50 for the digital M. I have a summitar that is cool but really rough. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for a good deal.

The Colour shot does it for Me, !!!!!
Tres Fab & Artsy chic....as usual....keep em coming :D

Very Sorry to hear of your Loss... I can sympathize having lost my Brother to a sudden Death when I was 15....:(

Best to You - H

Tom, first of my condolences for the loss of your brother.

Second, these images sure are great. You nailed the retro look in the first one.
I must've lead a very protected life never having heard of any of these magazines. ;)

Thanks for sharing!

The Colour shot does it for Me, !!!!!
Tres Fab & Artsy chic....as usual....keep em coming :D

Very Sorry to hear of your Loss... I can sympathize having lost my Brother to a sudden Death when I was 15....:(

Best to You - H

Thank you so much Helen

Tom

Tom, first of my condolences for the loss of your brother.

Second, these images sure are great. You nailed the retro look in the first one.
I must've lead a very protected life never having heard of any of these magazines. ;)

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you very much

Well, most of those magazines were sold "under the counter" so many folks didn't see them back in the day....now their all coveted collectors items.

Tom

You would never see a pinup subject from the 1950s-early '60s wearing canvas shoes (unless there was a tennis theme). Stiletto heels for sure, with maybe a leopard skin pattern, but never canvas shoes. You nailed it on the others, though!

Sorry Dan, JFYI : Elmer Batters canvas keds "sneaker fetish" dates back to about 1957.......it's a special "insider" kink fetish that he featured in his magazines and movies from 1957 till his death in 1997.(and maybe the ONLY reason I use sneakers in my early 1960's styled shots!) :)

Tom

Last edited:
Really great images! I like the creativity. It's kind of like Suicide Girls for my Gramps! He always had great tastes in Pin Up girls!

Here's a samples from the Fetishcon from last Friday afternoon/evening.......

"Hello Hello"

Pretty PinUp Ludella Hahn in a photo taken with my rare #5005 Nikkor "Tokyo" SC f1.4/50 on my Leica M8 ~ stopped down a little from f1.4

I prefer the very early rigid "Tokyo" version of the

"Softly As The Morning Sunrise"

New York City based Movie Director/Actress/Model Nyssa Nevers, shot with my Canon f1.5/35 on my M8, shot at full bore f1.5 and again with little to no post processing :)

Enjoy!

Tom

Really makes me think about the Canon 35 f1.5! Thanks for sharing...

*JFYI: Elmer Batters 1919-1997 was one of the premiere Fetish Photographers who specialized in Leg Art, Stockings, Panties and Feet in 1950's/60's magazines like
"Black Silk Stockings" and "Tip Top" his work now is highly coveted by collectors worldwide*

Enjoy!

Tom

Funny - I am quite sure that Batters himself said somewhere that he is NOT doing ot as fetish photography, and his intentions have nothing to do with feet fetish :)
I have one of his books, it's quite umm...special and entertaining:)
Maybe the above i've read right in his book somewhere.
Apparently many of his models were prostitutes who would have preferred to do the regular job instead of photographing their legs :))

Back