Retro PiNuPs from Leica M8 ~ FINALLY!

There are plenty of pretty girls who want to play dress up and certainly no shortage of men to take pictures of them. Twas always thus, I suppose.

Great shots.
Nyssa Nevers! A friend of mine! I'd post some of my images of her, but I'm not sure about that content on RFF...

Phil Forrest

Great shots.
Nyssa Nevers! A friend of mine! I'd post some of my images of her, but I'm not sure about that content on RFF...

Phil Forrest

Yes, Nyssa's simply AMAZING! I love working with her ~ I'll be posting more work here from her shortly :)

Tom

Tom,
First my belated condolences, I hadn't seen this thread till today.
Second, very excellent work. My wife has been glancing over my shoulder and enoying your work as well. We both love the keds shot earlier and the "outtake" shot. Makes me wish I could afford one of the Canon 50/1.2 though I bet it covers a bit much if I used it on a IIIf ;)

Thanks for sharing your work,

William

Tom,
First my belated condolences, I hadn't seen this thread till today.
Second, very excellent work. My wife has been glancing over my shoulder and enoying your work as well. We both love the keds shot earlier and the "outtake" shot. Makes me wish I could afford one of the Canon 50/1.2 though I bet it covers a bit much if I used it on a IIIf ;)

Thanks for sharing your work,

William

Hello William and Thank You.

Yes, I was very happy to get the confirmation of the magazine layout, my model is very stoked too while this is the first time she's being published.

The f1.2 works much better on a M camera, I tired the lens on a IIIC K once, it was really out of place, but on a M Leica it's right at home.

Thanks again :)

Tom

Tom, I really like, how you "cut out" your model and framed her in another layer of the photo with that sharp flash shadow - works beautifully, especially in the last shot - love that shadow effect, used nicely here!

... with no postprocessing other than some color channeling ......which has gone to the "green" side of things and has a "Fuji Slide" film feel to it together with that early Nikkor look.
"Some color channeling" ... could you elaborate this a bit more in detail please?

You have a good eye for retro Tom, and I like your tree pictures very much, except for the damned coat she is sitting on. Its a shame you didn't get the magazine to accept the idea before making the images, otherwise maybe the model woudn't have minded having a temporary tree bark impression on her arse. It really does make the set look very planned and 'comfy', and when something even vaguely looks like the model has said "I'm not getting up there without....", then the illusion is lost.

Steve

You have a good eye for retro Tom, and I like your tree pictures very much, except for the damned coat she is sitting on. Its a shame you didn't get the magazine to accept the idea before making the images, otherwise maybe the model woudn't have minded having a temporary tree bark impression on her arse. It really does make the set look very planned and 'comfy', and when something even vaguely looks like the model has said "I'm not getting up there without....", then the illusion is lost.

Steve

Well, Steve the coat is kinda part of the whole Elmer Batters thing (Flasher) nude or lingerie under the coat etc. ~ and it was ass-kold out that day, she was freezing up in that tree, on the masters you can see goosebumps :D

Now about getting that tree bark impression on a models backside is a good idea....I'll have someone crawling up a tree here again soon!

Enjoy!

Tom

Love Your work Tom. Glad see your 35 /1.5 canon is working again. but Im afraid Your photos will add some value to this lens...;)..
Regards...

Love Your work Tom. Glad see your 35 /1.5 canon is working again. but Im afraid Your photos will add some value to this lens...;)..
Regards...

Well, it never stopped working......it's still jammed above f2.8, so I have in reality a f2.8 Canon :(

I'm shooting it mostly at f5.6 and f8 anyway, I haven't had it repaired yet.......

Tom

Last edited:
Hi Tom,

I really like your Pin-up pictures ... but somehow I prefer the softnest of your color neg work, over the clinically sharp M8 files + a Sunpak 120j/Lumedyne/Quantum strobe reflector would look better than a Metz "potato masher".

Regards,
Robert
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FS: Hand Made Leather Camera Wrist Straps

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...-straps/cat/12

Hi Tom,

I really like your Pin-up pictures ... but somehow I prefer the softnest of your color neg work, over the clinically sharp M8 files + a Sunpak 120j/Lumedyne/Quantum strobe reflector would look better than a Metz "potato masher".

Regards,
Robert
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FS: Hand Made Leather Camera Wrist Straps

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...-straps/cat/12

Hello Robert,

Do you use the 120J with a M8 now? Looks to be an interesting flash but very pricey, I bought the Metz flash for the M8 while I didn't want to spend the crazy money for what they sell Leica flashes for........I'd use spotlights outside if I could, but without an assistant now and mobile power source, it's hard.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I own several Armato type bare bulb strobes that I use on light stands and/or a Stroboframe flip 35 bracket.
Any strobe repair shop can modify almost any flash unit (Vivitar, Metz ...) to bare bulb with a Lumedyne 4-pin ham radio tube socket, some black Lexan and a clamp.

http://static.photo.net/attachments/bboard/007/007eRp-16981184.JPG

I never bolt my flash units directly to my Leicas, I always use a wireless transmitter or a Wein Safe Sync SSH.

Regards,
Robert

Back