Sad day for me - my M9 died

I was quote 1755 USD to fix my M9P sensor just recently and given the option to upgrade to either SL, M10 or M10P.

Haven't make up my decision yet, and still exploring.

They`re offering 5k towards the cost of an M10 ?
Seems generous .

Going rated for a mint used M10 now is about $4000.

I'd either fix the M9 and buy a used M10 and still be way ahead of a new M10 by several thousand dollars. Or sell the broken M9 for about $1K, use that to a used M10 thus only paying $3K for a really nice used M10. And still be way ahead.

Going rated for a mint used M10 now is about $4000.

I'd either fix the M9 and buy a used M10 and still be way ahead of a new M10 by several thousand dollars. Or sell the broken M9 for about $1K, use that to a used M10 thus only paying $3K for a really nice used M10. And still be way ahead.

Ah …. yes.

I’m telling ya folks, what Leica needs is a ‘digital conversion kit’ for their film M’s.
I mean, after all the back and pressure plate is removeable. Why couldn’t some clever designers (doesn’t even have to be Leica) come up with a digital sensor, perhaps a little smaller than full frame, say 16X24mm that can clip on where the film/pressure plate was and then house the rest of the electronics and battery in a thicker base plate. A ‘soft release’ screwed into .the shutter button would signal the digital to turn on just before the shutter is released. Maybe they could make both color band monochrome sensors to interchange.

If I had a M9 and this happened... I'd sell it as is. That repair price is insane just based on the quality of camera you can get for the repair price alone. I know...it is not an M. Oh well. I'm glad I sold my M9 for $5000 back in the day... best move I ever made.

USA shipping only, I guess.

I'm not big fan of this kind of odd web site. Was trying to buy once from dude who has listed himself as in LA. Never happened.

BTW, I'm fascinated how you were able to do search on this site "for sale" part. They have search but it returns used gear from BH...

USA shipping only, I guess.

I'm not big fan of this kind of odd web site. Was trying to buy once from dude who has listed himself as in LA. Never happened.

BTW, I'm fascinated how you were able to do search on this site "for sale" part. They have search but it returns used gear from BH...

Nothing odd about the website. It has waaaay more traffic than RFF and I have much better experiences buying and selling there.
Where items ship is up to the seller. I have bought items from Canada, Brazil and Australia.

There are two search fields. One for B&H, the other for the site.

Either way it shows what a currently selling new for $8300 M10 is worth the moment you hand over your credit card. $4000...

Either way it shows what a currently selling new for $8300 M10 is worth the moment you hand over your credit card. $4000...

I wonder why that is ?
I don`t recall the other models suffering such a steep fall in price .
Could it be that the fashion for M`s (and I think that outside of forums like this fashion was a factor ) has declined .

Or is it that folk are going for the more affordable and much more versatile mirrorless bodies .

It could be that they were just pitched at the wrong price point of course when launched .

I wonder why that is ?
Could it be that the fashion for M`s (and I think that outside of forums like this fashion was a factor ) has declined .

Or is it that folk are going for the more affordable and much more versatile mirrorless bodies .

It could be that they were just pitched at the wrong price point of course when launched .

Pandemic could be playing a role. That said I rarely pay more than 50-60% for a used camera or lens unless it’s from a dealer with warranty. Nikon kit included.

Nothing odd about the website. It has waaaay more traffic than RFF and I have much better experiences buying and selling there.
Where items ship is up to the seller. I have bought items from Canada, Brazil and Australia.

There are two search fields. One for B&H, the other for the site.

Sounds promising!

I wonder why that is ?

Yeah, that seems way too steep. However, eBay shows the same... some as low as the prices Huss quoted...some as high as $5000 with P and D models going for more than that.

Back