Should we go back to the old RFF for a month while we work on the new RFF site?

Should we go back to the old RFF for a month while we work on the new RFF site?

• Stay the course with the new RFF !

Votes: 95 71.4%
  • Switch to the old RFF software until the new RFF site software is fixed

Votes: 38 28.6%

• Total voters

CameraQuest

Head Bartender
Staff member
Local time
11:28 PM
Transition to the new RFF site has not gone as expected - unexpected problem after unexpected problem.

Should we go back to the old RFF for a month while we fix the new site and then switch back?

-- That also means losing a month of posts on old RFF when we switch back to the new site.

No, the switch to the old RFF will not be permanent.

We need the software upgrade, but the new RFF has to work well.

Steven

I appreciate all of your efforts to make this site the hub of this great community. Even though my comfort level in this new format is not nearly as great as it was at the old site, I think the best path forward is through these growing pains. RFF is by far my favorite website and feels like a second home. Looking forward to a long and active relationship.

Joe DuPont

I struggled with the new set up at first, but I'm getting the hang of it now. Stay the course. Change is never easy, but we'll get used to it.

Best,
-Tim

I think you should stay the course.
How else but thru use will you find other problems?
Imagine if the old wasn't in any way shape or form transferable to the new format. Now that would be a hard transition.

Stay the course, there’s no turning back now!

I sincerely appreciate all the hard work you guys have been doing. As far as I know the admins and mods here are unpaid volunteers. And, membership for us is free. I don’t think it’s too much to ask the members to endure a little hardship while you guys get things worked out.

All the best,

Mike

Stay with the new version and forget the old. Problems are to be expected when you change software. Just work through them.

Jim B.

Steven

I appreciate all of your efforts to make this site the hub of this great community. Even though my comfort level in this new format is not nearly as great as it was at the old site, I think the best path forward is through these growing pains. RFF is by far my favorite website and feels like a second home. Looking forward to a long and active relationship.

Joe DuPont

Well said. The way it looks from my end, the problems don't seem that many or that large. I think we can put up with them until things are smoothed out.

Check activity statistics right before switch and now. I’m not sure if new and clunky made difference, but it is worth to check, IMO.

If going back to the old version for a month would be more helpful towards sorting the new software out, I would support that switch.

The new version has improved significantly since it first appeared and it works alright for me now. I can go either way.

Thanks.

- Murray

I think the new site is working much better now that some things have been tweaked. Don't go back to the old one now, we'll stick with it.

I'd say stay the course with the new RFF. Switching back and then forward again would be ultimately confusing IMO. And losing a month of posts would be really painful.

I agree with most here. There are teething problems, but best to press on if possible. We may have lost a few members, but perhaps only temporarily. Thank you Stephen and good luck. This has been the most wonderful forum and you have many supporters and many of them wise and patient.

Stay the course please (new site) and thanks for the hard work making improvements.

It's been kinda' like wearing a pair of 1970's Levi jeans. Takes awhile to break them in. :)

Back