Should we go back to the old RFF for a month while we work on the new RFF site?

Should we go back to the old RFF for a month while we work on the new RFF site?

• Stay the course with the new RFF !

Votes: 95 71.4%
  • Switch to the old RFF software until the new RFF site software is fixed

Votes: 38 28.6%

• Total voters
the new site is fully functional, just needs some attention to detail in some areas. some of the issues have been pointed out many months ago but the comments are ignored.

would like to see some effort into getting the 'look and feel' (remember that phrase?) closer to the old site, as well as some modernization, it's nearly 2022 after all.

Totally agree although ,I too haven`t worked out how to post images on this new site .
RFF has always been my go to and although recently I`ve tried other sites this has always been home (if that doesn`t sound too sentimental)

Super easy. Just find the image icon at the top of the comment's text field. Click on it, click on upload tab and this is almost it. Select and upload.
Flickr image sharing is also still works.

Super easy. Just find the image icon at the top of the comment's text field. Click on it, click on upload tab and this is almost it. Select and upload.
Flickr image sharing is also still works.

Thanks for that .
I was still using the Flickr option but will have a look at the other method.
Its all made a little more difficult at my end because the site is super laggy .
Even a simple post like this can take an age to upload seemingly depending on the time of posting .

I am not a "military guy" but I did do three years to keep this country safe from the Red Menace, Godless Communist Atheists and curvature of the spine. I did it an hour from Paris. I hope all of you are grateful. Along the way I learned that there is always the 10% that just do not get the word. That is just the way it is and it is as immutable as the Pareto Principle and the Fibonacci Progression. Some things are eternal.

Thanks for that .
I was still using the Flickr option but will have a look at the other method.
Its all made a little more difficult at my end because the site is super laggy .
Even a simple post like this can take an age to upload seemingly depending on the time of posting .

I'm connecting to this site from anywhere within 50+ km radius on all kind of devices. No problem.

Flickr is no brainer either. Use last tab to share, bbc code. Select normal size, not giant one, Copy the link line, paste into comment on this site and delete everything in the pasted link to leave only [url.... /url] part.

This is how it looks like from Flickr:

I'm connecting to this site from anywhere within 50+ km radius on all kind of devices. No problem.

Flickr is no brainer either. Use last tab to share, bbc code. Select normal size, not giant one, Copy the link line, paste into comment on this site and delete everything in the pasted link to leave only [url.... /url] part.

This is how it looks like from Flickr:

Thanks Ko fE ... Yep I`m good with the flickr share ....it was just a brain freeze.
As to the connection issue it seems to be either my supplier or maybe something down the line.
I sometimes get a 503 error when it just can`t connect with the server (presumably in the States).
Maybe its the time diff and maintenance is being carried out when I`m logged on .

Anyway Happy New Year

Back