Show me your M9 black and white conversions.

Keith

The best camera is one that still works!
Local time
6:02 PM
There's obviously a healthy scattering of them through various RFF threads but being a lazy sod I'd like to see some here.

Thanks in advance. :)

I have quite a few on my "website" (in my signature). I think all digital shots except one there is from the M9. One of my earliest posts from Vienna is a mix of T-MAX and M9 conversions, could perhaps be interesting.

I don't mean that I am an expert in converting to b&w, but since you asked. :) I fiddle very little, I have made myself a preset that I just run on everything more or less, I have tweaked it a bit through time, but he differences are quite small.

U28906I1338295927.SEQ.0.jpg

U28906I1347777168.SEQ.0.jpg

Both 35 Summicron v 4. The night shot 1600 ISO M9 JPEG. I think the other might be M9 JPEG too. The straight black and white JPEG is very good from the M9. I tried emulating one from that dinner and could not match it, working from the simultaneously shot raw file.

I was out today with my M9-P, seriously wondering about the wisdom of acquiring the Monochrom, given the broad capability of the M9, including up to ISO 1600.

So this is a conversion, just in LR4:

U28906I1348459967.SEQ.0.jpg

And this (25 Color a Skopar):

U28906I1346591010.SEQ.0.jpg

Last one: 50 Elmar M:

U28906I1370846433.SEQ.0.jpg

this is such a cool thread.. some very good samples posted! Great idea Keith. I can always dream <sigh>

from when I had the M9...back to film for now...

the catherine - bw by slantface, on Flickr

303 Magazine Denver Fashion Week - 6-alt-edit by slantface, on Flickr

303 Magazine Denver Fashion Week - 5 -alt-edit by slantface, on Flickr

303 Magazine Denver Fashion Week - 11-alt-edit by slantface, on Flickr

the Pack A.D. 4 by slantface, on Flickr

the kodi - 75mm Summilux by slantface, on Flickr

stairs with a stepper - noctilux by slantface, on Flickr

skateboarding later - noctilux by slantface, on Flickr

the conversation - bw - summilux by slantface, on Flickr

the tree - summicron by slantface, on Flickr

All different types of conversions in there, but mainly through Photoshop and some Silver EFX in most images. I actually prefer grain and love black and white, so I eventually sold my M9, bought a new truck, and went back to my film Leicas, which I truly love...

Thanks Richard. I wish I used my M9 more before I sold it. It's a great camera. I just couldn't justify keeping it, and instead it helped me purchase a new Toyota Tacoma, which I absolutely love too! Just a matter of timing and usage I guess. Oh well, I still have my film M's, so I'll just have to shoot more film for awhile!

nice stuff Pete. I really dig the second and third images. Perfectly eerie and beautiful on both counts. Looks like we're now Flickr buds too! Good luck on your M9 sale!

Ha. Yeah, it's a weird job title. Basically I do 3D animations/graphics through a forensic engineering and accident reconstruction company here in Denver. So, what I do mostly is make animations and/or graphics for presentations in legal proceedings. Our company is hired as expert consultants to reconstruct and reenact car accidents, train crashes, shootings, etc. and create supporting imagery for juries to better understand the circumstances and sequence of events surrounding a particular case.

Back