Show me your M9 black and white conversions.

M9 DNG - CaptureOne - Silver Efex

summicron 35 asph
11999587945_0f61a580f8_b.jpg

summicron 50
11999956734_4fb281528b_b.jpg

I haven't been using the M9 much lately. Seeing the nice work here I think its time to bring it back into rotation.

6156554103_18ee166a56_b.jpg

5955171620_1a71b33a78_b.jpg

6105470396_5d716eb45f_b.jpg

Thanks -- I too wonder if I made a mistake getting rid of my M9 in favour of the Monochrom. Not that the Monochrom is a bad camera - quite the contrary - but I do wonder if all the additional expense was equal to a measurable difference in final image quality.

I agree with this sentiment, but reckon you do see the margin. For more than a year I had this very argument underpinning my passing on the Monochrom. The opportunity cost of being out with the Monochrom is high, sometimes. While the theory is it trains you to see in black and white, it has been a hell of a training in seeing in colour, the shots I could not take. After getting the Monochrom I was looking through some files and noticed a nicely lit portrait with a beautiful breadth of tones and razor sharpness, a photo I felt was a fine illustration of the power of the Monochrom. The 1:1 on Lightroom was fantastic. But it was the M9. I could not have let my M9 go. All that said, the Monochrom is superior in three ways as has been rehearsed well enough on RFF, and if the advantages are worth it to you it's the camera to have. I don't think I would have the Monochrom alone. The more I use the M9, the more I learn about software processing in Lightroom, and the more I learn from RFF about getting the most out of it, the narrower the margin between the two cameras. But the margin remains.

Yes, you're probably right Harry. I think it is a 'recognition' of all the elements and putting them together.

As I recall it was shot in Lyon, looking out the window of a museum. And it's when I look at an 11"x16" print of this that I wonder why I sold the M9 and bought the Monochrom.

I have a LNIB M9P still under warranty; wanna trade?

HFL

Edit: Vince, I've been printing K7 piezography inks for years; you will be amazed at what's ahead of you.

I'm not sure why my uploads come out as thumbnails but let's try again.
M9 with 90 Elmarit M

Attachments

• L1011676.jpg
    L1011676.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 0
Back