So looking forward to tomorrow, May 10.

It is likely that the new X2 will have the same lens as X1 i.e. an Elmarit 24mm, albeit with an optional EVF?

I am more curious to find out more about the new Summicron 50mm. Something tells me that it is quite a revolutionary design change. Not that I can afford one when it comes out, but I am excited to know the details.

I also wonder if Thorsten is referring to this new lens in his article:
"What if ... he has finalized his well known - let's not hesitate using as strong a word as - obsession of developing the mother of all 50mm lenses. "

I do not think that the great majority of Leica user would be preferring a "mother of all 50mm lenses" while some of us were extremely happy with the Summilux Asph., some quite satisfied with the last versions of the Summicron, a very few some were proud of having the Noctilux if Leica were really capable of introducing something revolutionary; then why not start it with some available top CMOS sensors and develop a modern camera around it with features and dependability comparable to the ones selling less than half of the existing one? So that for the next five years at least we would not need to buy another Leica, similar to what we were enjoying decades long with the film Leicas.

then why not start it with some available top CMOS sensors and develop a modern camera around it with features and dependability comparable to the ones selling less than half of the existing one? So that for the next five years at least we would not need to buy another Leica, similar to what we were enjoying decades long with the film Leicas.

because that won't be Leica. :eek:
No matter what people think about them, I admire their way of standing out and doing something bold and different every time.

because that won't be Leica. :eek:
No matter what people think about them, I admire their way of standing out and doing something bold and different every time.

I don't understand why some people always want Leica to make something that looks like a Canon/Nikon. If you want to have the features that are on a Canon/Nikon/Fuji, GO BUY those cameras! Do they want a Leica just because of the red dot? :D:D:D:D

I don't understand why some people always want Leica to make something that looks like a Canon/Nikon. If you want to have the features that are on a Canon/Nikon/Fuji, GO BUY those cameras! Do they want a Leica just because of the red dot? :D:D:D:D

If this was relevant to my desire to see the new Leica with a top CMOS sensor then it's not because I would buy "a Leica because of the red dot" but because I want to have a Leica to deliver a similar IQ through a similar ISO range and be dependable, reliable, weather resistant, having shutter to last a couple of hundred thousands of activation, shortly be comparable to some latest top cameras of our day.

Do you have a digital Leica? Why were you offended by these logical wishes shared also by thousands of other Leica users? Today there was a review of the D800 in a forum site. How about taking a look there and see also some samples? All these for $3.000. A suggestion from one who have been using Leicas since 1963 and believing that insightful enthusiasm and latent fanboyism are two very different characteristics.

I guess Leica has decided that the niche market for the M9 wasn't narrow enough. So now they have decided to make their market even more narrow with a B&W only M9. I don't see the point but I am sure the very wealthy will snap them up.

I don't think there will be much oohs and aahs this time, not to let anyone down, but I think from the CCD changes and then there's already enough lens updates, I don't think there's much of a leap.

There will be only slight changes, nothing wow-ish like the step up from M8 to M9 I think.

The M9 Monochrome is a niche idea, but I wonder how different would it be compared to converting the M9 RAW via software.

I'm interested to see the new 50 Summicron. The current optical formula dates to '79, although they've probably tweaked the coatings often. If they can make something special like the ASPH Summilux, then they'll have a true winner.

Event starts at 18.45 / 6.45 pm CEST

Anyone been able to find a live-stream link? I sure hope they're making one available.

The M9 Monochrome is a niche idea, but I wonder how different would it be compared to converting the M9 RAW via software.

Removing the color filter array from the sensor will benefit out-of-camera sharpness dramatically, judging from the results of the 135 format camera conversions (e.g. Maxmax) and the monochrome-dedicated MF backs.

Back