Summaron 35mm f2.8

anyone using the f3.5 version as well? How would you compare? I found a very good deal here for f3.5 and want to grab it :)

Took a quick stroll through Keene, NH this afternoon and dropped these off at Walgreens. A little post-processing from the CD. Shot the whole roll at f/8 and used Light Meter off my iPhone 4.

M2 | Summaron-35 f/2.8 | Kodak Gold 200

5995065613_5d9c03a61b_b.jpg

5995065665_a1365fa713_b.jpg

I owned a 35mm F2.8 Summaron for a few a few years recently, absolutely loved it. It was better than my V1 35mm Summicron in many ways.

Now I have a 35mm F2.8 Canon, and I'm still happy.

I got mine in a trade here in the classifieds "Want to Trade" section. Swapped my DR for it and couldn't be happier! The DR was too big and heavy for me. The Summaron seems to have welded itself to the M3. The hot rods are Kodak Gold 200.

Thanks Vic! Like those hot rods.

I haven't had much luck with Ektar scans at the drugstore so if its Walgreens, I go with what they got and it's usually Gold 200. Post some more if you have them.

- Ray

RodT16s, That's a very nice shot. I always wonder what draws the attention of children as in your picture. Fine picture of a very human moment.

Thank you Vics, it's also refreshing to see kids being creative with good old fashion chalk and not having their nose buried in a electronic game

agricola, those are just beautiful! I'm going to France in the spring with my M3/Summaron and for the first time I'll be shooting color. I have just been using Kodak Gold 200, but I wish it were faster. That Portra may just be the ticket!

Of course, now that I'm actually in the market for one of these the prices are getting silly.

If I BUY one though, the price will go down. Just in time for me to realize I like my 50's better probably too. :-/

-Brian

Back