Time for a new gender poll too ..

Time for a new gender poll too ..

• Male

Votes: 282 89.5%
  • Female

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Other/not sure/none of your business/etc.

Votes: 24 7.6%

• Total voters
I could care less if someone has a penis or a vagina as our relationship will not involve such. I do care about their philosophy, goals, culture, and areas of common interest.

Oh dear, now body parts, giggles
Not even poetically guised
I always get bored with common words

do catch your drift Bob

do catch your drift Bob .....

I do see that as the major difference between you and me. And, its right out front and clearly defined. Otherwise, I perceive us being basically quite similar. So why bother with our gender difference?

Always nice to hear different points of view, even if they contradict mine. That’s why representation from as many groups as possible is great. But in the end, what you say matters more than what group you are representing.

FUNNY THING ABOUT THIS GENDER THING IS...

"IN THE ROYAL FAMILY AND THEIR ASSOCIATED BUNCH IS NOT USING THE GENDER AS FEMALE AND MALE' In their passports and in other official recording of identities. Instead of FEMALE AND MALE THEY USE MASCULINE AND FEMININE :)

You know by same the HIGH SOCIETY, most of the cats and dogs and creatures are labelled as MALE AND FEMALE and WE HUMAN BEINGS HAVE A LABEL IN THE SAME CATEGORY.
So let the godsend hi- creators have all their labels!!!!

By better things do you mean like gazing incessantly at social media on their smartphones? :rolleyes:

Chris

I call this digital Palm reading :) If the digital power in the palm dies down they are feeling dead and done for as well.

I am inclined to agree with those who ask "What does it matter?"

At one level, I personally would like to see more women here but the bottom line is that this forum is about photography not gender politics and it is up to women to join if they wish to. If they do join they will be more than welcome - so long of course, that their participation is mainly about photography not about an opportunity to argue gender politics - we see enough of that everywhere else on the internet, in the media, in politics etc etc etc and is sucks noodles and would kill the site.

Besides if this were, let's say, a site about cars and hot rods, would the gender mix be any different to what it is here now? You see, isn't it clear that the gender mix of members all depends on the nature and purpose of the interest being pursued. Some women enjoy pursuits that have traditionally been regarded as male but many don't - which is exactly why those pursuits are regarded as traditionally male. Not because women are being excluded but because they tend not to be interested. Bottom line - gender is, or should be, irrelevant.

I would hazard a guess that a large percentage of members feel much the same way as me.

It was an old thinking and teaching as we are two different beings and we operate differently.
This older teaching and labelling was to live in a DUALITY just as we do every thing in a duality. I am sure this teaching is coming from the "VATICAN TEACHING MANUEL" .

old thread and this is the first time I have seen it... giggles
Thanks for the mention here and there !

I must be an oddity, a woman, a rangefinder, b&w, to have lasted here as long as i have
though I will confess, lots of 'good' company, lots of dear friends...

Well Helen , there are so many others as you in the same mind set . So it is a blessing :angel:

do catch your drift Bob
:D

In my age survey thread on another photo forum, someone commented that the lack of younger participants (under 20) waa due largely to that demographic group not liking to use formal internet forums - that they much preferred a more interactive, spontaneous, "push" style such as Instagram. The participation format of sites like this doesn't appeal to them. That's the theory (*).

Women have always been scarce in any of the forums I've participated in, Firearms, Mechanical Watches, Sports Cars, Photography, and Music (sax and guitars). There's one exception: a site devoted to professional language translation. There, women seem to be a majority.

It must be you :)

In over 30 years, no woman has noticed my M3, M6, Barnack Leica, nor any other camera I have. Actually, nobody has.

(*) A similar observation was made years ago in one of my car clubs: younger people aren't inclined to the formal "meet at this cafe the first Tuesday of every month" style of club. Rather, they are loosely-knit and communicate and arrange drives spontaneously by text messages.

Instagramme and the FAKE BOOK IS THE PLACE WHERE SOME PEOPLE ARE GROWING UP. I am sure they don't know anything about the foster family that is parenting them. :rolleyes:

Gender does make a difference here on RFF, and everywhere else. Our experience of the world is in large part a function of how the world reacts to our perceived gender. That experience influences our perceptions, and our perceptions influence what and how we choose to photograph. We are all in a feedback loop with our social environment.
I would certainly love to see more participation on RFF by women, non-binary, trans, and queer people whose work reflects their experience. The site is a near monoculture of straight guys, from what I can see. Not a bad thing, but a little diversity would be welcome to shake things up.
Bring on the flame-throwers...

Back