Voigtlander 25/4 Snapshot Skopar Images

Its practically an amazing lens..from portraits to landscape..

8125120239_5185495b3d_c.jpg

Nice shots. This reminds me that I need to take a recent roll of UC100 I shot with the Bessa L & 25/4 developed.:)

I perused these pages quite a few times today and spent a lot of time here. I must say that these pictures taken by all of you are some of the best I have ever seen ever! I have the CV 25 SC which I bought so I could use it on the Nikon S2 with view finder focusing and have only taken one roll and after today I pot a fresh roll of film in the S2 and I'm ready to crank out some new ones. Thanks to all of you.

Thanks everyone...i concluded that there isnt a lousy lens in the market, use it right and you will be rewarded...this lens is tiny, affordable, yet a great performer! I got this after using 35mm for awhile and most of the time, i shoot without a vf, what i got in the images(snapshot) surprises me each and everytime i did the scan...(Thou there are equally bad shots), it just got me thinking about a new style to shooting than my old regime shooting style..

8108483663_5757ee0d3d_c.jpg

I look forward to pictures shared here by others :)

I perused these pages quite a few times today and spent a lot of time here. I must say that these pictures take by all of you are some of the best I have ever seen ever! I have the CV 25 SC which I bought so I could use it on the Nikon S2 with view finder focusing and have only taken one roll and after today I pot a fresh roll of film in the S2 and I'm ready to crank out some new ones. Thanks to all of you.
I bet you will like this lens...look forward to your sharing.:)

Having enjoyed my 21mm f4 on my M8 for street, but being unhappy with the need for external viewfinder, i decided i needed an M8-exclsive lens wider than my CV 35/1.4, that used as much as the built-in finder as possible.

Having looked at the CV 28mm f2 Ultron and ZM 28mm f2.8 Biogon, i was pointed towards the ZM 25mm f2.8 Biogon as a closer match to 35mm on full frame, and slightly wider, at 33mm.

Much umming and erring ensued, and in the end i found myself with the CV 25mm f4 Color Skopar!

Why? Similar to the 21mm i love in size, price and handling. While the 25 Biogon may be sharper and 1 stop brighter, i'd be using the 25mm at f8 at the hyperfocal 90% of the time, so the 3x pricetag and 50% increase in size, just wasn't worth it for me. Had it been f2 like the Planar or f1.4 like the Nokton, i would have swung that way tho.

Aaaaaanyways, enough story telling, the proof is in the pudding, so here are a couple of shots from my first outing with it, just a walk round the block. Needless to say, the results are exactly what i was looking for!

Wrap Up Warm by Cris Rose, on Flickr

Helping Little Sis by Cris Rose, on Flickr

Number 2 is great Cris.

My only problem with this lens is flare. I have the Biogon, and it is big and I only take it out for particular jobs. I use the Color Skopar without the finder quite a bit on the M9: a neat package. I can check the result both for composition or flare. I am more likely to use the C Biogon 21 for its ideal marriage of size and flare resistance.

CrisR: wow - that backlit park shot is brilliant. I'm putting this lens straight back on the camera so as to be sure of getting a shot like that.

Jaw dropping Good...love it !

Thanks Helen, its definitely worth bringing this lens on a trip. Its a sweet focal length for me and i guess those who posted their nice shots here as well :)

Some pictures i took with this lens on a trip to Hongkong. This lens works equally well on streets photography as well. The click stop on the focusing tab makes it super fast for me to use it.

The nostaglic city of Hong Kong

8481560840_24e8240a10_c.jpg

One of the few that still operates tram services.
8481591228_66c0493ded_c.jpg

The fishing village...Tai O
8478289424_0ee9b21d19_c.jpg

8478298552_8fcd4f1401_c.jpg

Check out my blog on this great lens on my visit to Hong Kong

Back