Which 50mm CV lens do you now own?

Which 50mm CV lens do you now own?

• Total voters
The 50mm f2.5 Color-Skopar. It's small, gives fine results, & black paint over brass construction.....& can be used on LTM or M bodies

Another vote for the 50/2.5 Color-Skopar for the same reasons although I don't have an LTM camera. I also have the Nokton 50/1.5vii. I prefer the handling of the Color-Skopar and it gets the most use to the point where I'm considering selling the Nokton.

Cheers,
Clay

I avoided for several years buying CV lenses, but I find them now among the best deals anywhere. I have read about the high quality CV 50/2.5, but I have other 50mm lenses already, so I skipped getting this one. I love using the CV 50/1.0. It is a champion of lenses.

The 50mm f2.5 Color-Skopar. It's small, gives fine results, & black paint over brass construction.....& can be used on LTM or M bodies

+1. In addition, it’s a fantastic lens, optically. I have the Voigtlander Heliar Classic 50mm f1.5 for sale in classifieds, if anyone’s interested…

I was interested in the latest version of the Nokton 50mm f1.5 lens, but I don’t know what I’d use it for. I’m drawn to older lenses, like the Zeiss Opton Sonnar 5cm f1.5 or the Nikkor-SC 5cm f1.4. The results I get from those lenses are totally satisfying to me, and I can shoot them on M-mount and LTM bodies w/ appropriate adapters.

Some of the most interesting Voigtlander lenses, IMO, have been released in other focal lengths, like 35mm and 40mm. The Ultron 35mm f2.0 Vintage line of lenses is fantastic… a Summicron killer…

I too have the 50mm f2.5 Color-Skopar, bought used in 2004 for $175, as it then had somehow developed a reputation for only modest sharpness. I had to see for myself that in normal use it was fine.
and...
f/2 50mm Heliar in both collapsible and rigid barrels, and...
f/3.5 50mm collapsible Heliar, and
I also have the 58mm f/1.4 Nokton in Pentax KA mount, using the Planar SLR optical pattern, originally offered as a special under the Topcor name; very sharp w/ nice bokeh

Raid, I have the Heliar 50mm f/2 (black collapsible M), the Heliar 50mm f/1.5, the Color Skopar 50mm f/2.5 (2x) and the Nokton 50mm f/1.1. I like them all.

gelatin silver print (heliar 50mm f2 black) leica mp

Erik.

48012498418_fba0ec07b5_b.jpg

I own the APO-LANTHAR In M mount. It is wonderful on my M9. I am just now getting around to shooting it on film.
I am envious of your Nokton 50mm f1 though, Raid! Looks excellent.

The Nokton 50/1.5 in LTM. My only modern 50mm lens, the rest are vintage Nikon, Zeiss, Canon and Jupiter

Color-Skopar 50mm f/2.5 in black. It's the standard lens that I use with my M4-2 body most of the time, but I've used it on all my other cameras (M9, M-P240, M-D262, Ricoh GXR-M, Sony A7, Leica CL, Leica SL, ...) too. Nice size, great feel, beautiful image quality ... a fine lens.

G

I also have a CV Heliar 50/3.5 and CV 50/2, both were the first versions and not the later versions. I have the CV 50/2 APO just because I was curious about the performance of an APO 50mm lens.

I wonder why the 50/1 costs about twice as much as the 50/1.1. What makes it "special"?

I wonder why the 50/1 costs about twice as much as the 50/1.1. What makes it "special"?

Cosina stated that they are using a ground aspheric element in the 50mm f1; a technology they previously used in an M4/3 lens.

Back