Which 50mm CV lens do you now own?

Which 50mm CV lens do you now own?

• Total voters
Yes, it sure is. Incredibly sharp. I received yesterday some Ilford photopaper fom Germany, I hope to make tonight a print from a picture taken with the new 40mm.

Erik.

My mistaken reply: I don't need another 40mm lens! I have the Summicron-C and also the Pentax-L Limited 43mm/1.9 ltm. Both are sharp.

Color Skopar 50/2.5 and the Nokton 50/1.5 ltm. Never used the 50/1.5 and probably never will. Don't know why I have kept it.

Try using the Nokton 50/1.5 (only) wide open and at low ISO when taking photos in open shade. You may discover uses for this lens that the Color Skopar is too slow for.

Senior moment :bang: . When I posted about my two 50mm lenses I completely forgot that I also have a 21mm f/4 Color-Skopar LTM. I don't use it very often,I usually just go out with a 50, but it is a lot of fun to play around with.

Clay

I made the mistake of buying the CV 21/4 in Nikon mount. It cannot be used with an adapter on a Leica M camera. I have never used this lens. I often use the CV 25/4 ltm:

The Nokton 50/1.5 in LTM. My only modern 50mm lens, the rest are vintage Nikon, Zeiss, Canon and Jupiter

Maybe the Nokton 1.5-50 ltm is a bit too clumsy on a Barnack Leica, but a Summilux 1.4-50 ltm is out of my reach.
Then I better look for a matching black attachable 50mm Voigtländer viewfinder.

201128_L2005689_Voigtlaender_Nokton_1.5-50_asph_IIIa-syn_M10P_V-Elmar_3.5-65II_ISO250_dng_PSCC...jpg

This lens seems to be an excellent lens.

"The Heliar 40mm f/2.8 lens has a simple five lens in three group arrangement that includes a single aspherical element. Cosina says that by using an aspherical lens, the 40mm f/2.8 is able to achieve excellent optical performance even wide open. The lens features an aperture range of f/2.8 through f/22 via a 10-bladed aperture diaphragm and supports the image circle of a full-frame 35mm camera.

The lens is designed to be compact and is only 21.2mm long from the mount surface and the filter diameter is just 34mm. the lens has an angle of view of 57-degrees"

have you tried it on the m10? I mean your Sonnar.

LOL! I have too many excellent lenses, Robert. I have not tried it with any digital camera, I think. Once, Sonnar Brian advised me to store the Pentax-L 43/1.9 ltm and Rollei 40/2.8 as both are "rare" and difficult to replace. So I set them aside for a while.

This lens seems to be an excellent lens.

"The Heliar 40mm f/2.8 lens has a simple five lens in three group arrangement that includes a single aspherical element. Cosina says that by using an aspherical lens, the 40mm f/2.8 is able to achieve excellent optical performance even wide open. The lens features an aperture range of f/2.8 through f/22 via a 10-bladed aperture diaphragm and supports the image circle of a full-frame 35mm camera.

The lens is designed to be compact and is only 21.2mm long from the mount surface and the filter diameter is just 34mm. the lens has an angle of view of 57-degrees"
Yes, I love the tiny 40mm. It's not beyond reproach wide open and the corners need F/7.1 to get sharp. But its imaging qualities are wonderful. I particularly love it at F/4.0, where it delivers lovely images. It reminds me of the 58mm F/2.4 Takumar, another Heliar formula lens which is a favorite of mine for its unrivaled bokeh at F/4.0.

Sorry for drifting off-topic, as the Takumar is not a 50mm and not a CV lens. But at least it's a classic Heliar/Dynar optical design, so there is a connection with Voigtländer...

Cheers!

Abbazz

Back