Who has a Leica M6 TTL Millenium

14125141_10153933503441801_497837510916357942_o.jpg

I've one of them! Purchased barely used back in March. Pity my favoured 35mm lux pre-asph does not come in black paint. Looking forward to our next 50 years (or more!) together. =D

Thanks, yours is on the list now...

Just put about 8 new entries in the list (I must admit I don't visit this thread every month).
The number that couldn't be listed was the one from michaelbialeckis' camera... his picture leads to a dead link.

Ron, thanks for keeping up the list! Maybe all 2000 will be listed by 2020. 1630

Welcome,
Don't know when I started this thread, but some years ago I guess....and until now we already got ..59
so we have left a little more than 4 years to get the other 1941 :rolleyes:

btw I just loaded mine with some Kentmere 100iso film...lets see what will come out...

Ron,
I should have put mine in some time ago. I got them in 2014:
M6TTL Millennium 2501837 (1837/2000), and, if you're listing them, M6TTL Millennium NSH with 0.85 viewfinder 2680821 (SH321/400).
Thanks

I posted the same question below in the Leica M thread.

The shutter dial seems to be different on the M6 millennium than on the LHSA model. Are they? My LHSA's shutter dial seems very plasticky. And the millenniums appears to brass. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?

The shutter speed dials on the LHSA and Millennium are both black painted brass and are interchangeable.

I posted the same question below in the Leica M thread.

The shutter dial seems to be different on the M6 millennium than on the LHSA model. Are they? My LHSA's shutter dial seems very plasticky. And the millenniums appears to brass. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?

Hello,

I just bought a mint 1323 on ebay. I can't wait to receive it!
I will try to install a MP frameline selector lever, a MP rewind lever and maybe a Black Leica dot.
Then I expect to use it with my black paint leicavit.
I'll try to share a picture of the set with you.

Best,

Ron,
I should have put mine in some time ago. I got them in 2014:
M6TTL Millennium 2501837 (1837/2000), and, if you're listing them, M6TTL Millennium NSH with 0.85 viewfinder 2680821 (SH321/400).
Thanks

Just updated the list with some new Millennium numerals.
The list does not mention the LHSA or NSH cameras since these are not considered original Millennium camera's; they were commissioned by third parties whereas the Millennium was an original product by Leitz.

That's fairly close to mine, 1381 (which is on the list already).

With those modifications you'll probably end up costs-wise near what an MP goes for used. But that wouldn't be a Millennium of course :D Personally I'd opt for the viewfinder upgrade instead of what you list though. Looking forward to the pictures.

Philip

Hello,

I just bought a mint 1323 on ebay. I can't wait to receive it!
I will try to install a MP frameline selector lever, a MP rewind lever and maybe a Black Leica dot.
Then I expect to use it with my black paint leicavit.
I'll try to share a picture of the set with you.

Best,

Hello Philip,

You're right. Eventually I went for the two levers modification + a MP viewfinder so it will cost me more than a MP. It's at the repair shop right now.
But as you said, it's a special edition, then I got mine in mint condition (what a sensation to hold that 16 year old camera just like it's out of the factory!) and the most important for me is that it has the speed dial of the M6TTL/M7 which is more practical I think. And I allready have a M7 so it will be easier to switch between the two cameras.

I can't wait to use it, they will lubricate a little bit the camera then I will be all set!

With those modifications you'll probably end up costs-wise near what an MP goes for used. But that wouldn't be a Millennium of course :D Personally I'd opt for the viewfinder upgrade instead of what you list though. Looking forward to the pictures.

Philip

Two years ago, I sent mine to the factory for the upgrades. Just the addition of multicoated rangefinder windows makes a big difference.

After having shot with an M6 classic for the past year, I am missing the bigger shutter dial of my first M6 TTL. Perhaps a fancy BP Millennium will cure my blues. Lovely cameras you all have here.

Back