Winona Ryder's Super Bowl ad AND Leica M3

I believe the majority of photographers (incl. me) take Pictures the way she does one eye closed it's easier to Focus that way, the way she holds the camera is also the same way the majority of non pro photographers hold cameras.
I also have to admit that I am a huge Winona Ryder Fan, one of the very few actresses in Hollywood who can actually act.

In the blog entry for the book, it says "As part of the project, we’re releasing a professionally produced photo book featuring portraits, landscapes, and still lifes shot by Winona herself. " However, the welcometowinona.com website says "Welcome to Winona is a photo book creative directed by Winona Ryder."

Wonder which it is and who were the photographers involved.

I saw this too and have to wonder if it is not more a curation than a solo book. There are a number of images that look a bit too perfect for a collapsable Summicron.

I tend to think she regarded the camera as just another prop. It could have been an M3 or a cardboard camera; to her it was the same.

Maybe that's just the way she shoots. Still not clear about the authorship of the book and what camera(s) were used. Film stock looks like Portra.

I can't believe some are so critical and picking this apart like we have nothing better to do. I bet Winona could care less, just sayin what we all think, just sayin.

I admit I had nothing better to do. Also, since I'm sure she can afford it, she should try a Mamiya 7 II instead.

Just kidding... it's cool she was out there with the M3. Just curious whether she's an amateur photographer or not.

I thought the commercial was just a funny ad for Squarespace. But on the web site

https://www.welcometowinona.com

it says that Winona Ryder took all the pictures and actually created the web site. Amazing!

Did anyone score one of her books (limited to 100 copies)?

Yes, but check the Welcometowinona website, where the credit says "creative directed by...".

My guess is some of the pics are hers some from the "team" that Squarespace claims to have sent to the town.

Neat video. Only here would someone complain that she is not holding the camera correctly. Come on! There might be other photographers out there who like to use old film cameras or even old Leicas who are not on this forum. It appears that some of the comments here have trouble with that.

Back