Winona Ryder's Super Bowl ad AND Leica M3

The films mentioned may have been broadcast on British TV but I never seen them.

Yes, I do watch TV. I never heard of Stranger Things or watched a single minute of it. Your comment prompted me to search; I see the programme is on Netflix. I don’t subscribe to Netflix.

Ok so you don't go to the movies, and have not seen a very popular show so do not know of this very famous multi award winning actress that is in a fun commercial that prominently features a Leica film camera.

:)

I have had a crush on WR since the '90's. I enjoyed this video, so thanks to the OP for posting. (The 3-minute version is a lot more fun than the 30-second version.)

I think of WR as a big star, but considering how she was banished from Hollywood, it's easy to imagine that someone who didn't watch American films in the '90's wouldn't know her.

"Stranger Things" has some fun portrayals of photography (1st season) and video (2nd season) in the '80s. To me, someone who grew up in 1980's America, the show seems pretty authentic (apart from the interdimensional monsters, but even that is kind of a commentary on America in the '80's). It's pretty much the only television I've watched in the last 2 years.

I don't actually like WR on "Stranger Things," though.

Anyway...

Only questions I have is whether she is an amateur photographer who likes older film cameras and also whether the camera would need to be winterized (lubricants for cold weather).

Nikon Professional Services would do this for photojournalists.

As for the woman, I know her name, but know nothing about her - nothing at all. I haven't watched movies in over 20 years nor do I watch movies on TV.

I'm surprised she's not using the Stranger Things polaroid camera in the commercial :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Ok so you don't go to the movies, and have not seen a very popular show so do not know of this very famous multi award winning actress that is in a fun commercial that prominently features a Leica film camera.

:)

Correct. Nevertheless I'd be grateful for a link to the Leica advert you mention, as I haven't seen it. :)

What is an American massed produced fake?

Exactly. *** does that even mean? ...

This thread has become ridiculous... commenting on how she holds the camera, and not wearing her strap around her neck? (I do that all the time btw).

I can't believe some are so critical and picking this apart like we have nothing better to do. I bet Winona could care less what we all think, just sayin.

"Stranger Things" has some fun portrayals of photography (1st season) and video (2nd season) in the '80s. To me, someone who grew up in 1980's America, the show seems pretty authentic (apart from the interdimensional monsters, but even that is kind of a commentary on America in the '80's).

This exactly... I was the age of these characters (kids) in the time setting of the show, so it really hits home and is brings back memories.

I enjoyed the Super Bowl game (less the half-time crap) but never saw the SquareSpace ad with Winona. Did anyone see the ad on TV yesterday?

Yes. The only reason I recognized her is because of fuzz about her here.
Commercial was very weak. Most of commercials were gift-less fiasco yesterday. Never seen them to be this bad.
Half show was aging fat, fresh botox, winkie shake cheap bordello meh. One needs weight loss program, another needs to retire.

But game it self was amazing. And no photogs with Leica, mirrorless :).

I can't believe some are so critical and picking this apart like we have nothing better to do. I bet Winona could care less, just sayin what we all think, just sayin.

I tend to think she regarded the camera as just another prop. It could have been an M3 or a cardboard camera; to her it was the same.

for me she looks natural with camera-and i never ever put strap around neck or anywhere... maybe here and there if i just need to walk fast or run i drop over shoulder..

Back