2011 FSU Contest Voting - 3 Separate Categories Now

Just went back for another look, and voting has started - but it says you can only vote for one image. I believe we need three votes because there are three categories of images posted in this gallery.

Just went back for another look, and voting has started - but it says you can only vote for one image. I believe we need three votes because there are three categories of images posted in this gallery.

more than 1 vote per contest
is not an option which the software makes available

Stephen

Sooooo, I guess the only solution to that is to seperate all the photos into three new galleries, with each gallery having one vote. Which means everyone would have to resubmit all their photos. Unless it could be done at RFf HQ?

PF

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooooo, I guess the only solution to that is to seperate all the photos into three new galleries, with each gallery having one vote. Which means everyone would have to resubmit all their photos. Unless it could be done at RFf HQ?

PF

yep,
the software does not allow me to move images into different categories

so the original 2011 contest is now the Abstract Cateory
Landscape and Transportation added

so, delete or add entries into new category as needed.
voting turned off so you can get new categories entered.

Then voting will start again.

Stephen

It's a fair solution. Many of the images in the original gallery were misnamed or were simply entered in error. This gives all an opportunity to name their entries correctly.

As we do this, make the category part of the title, this will be easy for all to see.

Dave....

Okay, so i had a look and the following message comes up at the top of page for transport and landscape categories. Also in these categories the images that have been moved do not show.
regards
CW

Warning: include(/home/rff/www/photopost/templates/vb3enhanced/1.tmpl) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rff/public_html/photopost/showgallery.php on line 167

There's no need to include the category in the title if they are being moved into galleries that are category-specific.

I got the SQL error messages as well, but my photos seem to have moved okay.

There's no need to include the category in the title if they are being moved into galleries that are category-specific.

I got the SQL error messages as well, but my photos seem to have moved okay.

I guess that you are right, although other images will have not had a snappy title added to replace the category label.
I'm having a problem also, seems it's easy to add a category to an image already in the "abstract" gallery, but it also stays in the abstract gallery.

Dave

The title doesn't really matter.

My images certainly moved - I just checked, and only the three abstracts are left in the original gallery. for the others, I opened each image, picked Edit from the little buttons underneath it, picked the new gallery from the drop-down list, and told it to update.

The title doesn't really matter.

Do you not think that the title might matter? How will you know which images in the default group "abstract" are really meant for that group? Not all images may be moved to their correct gallery.

Dave..

Unless I'm missing something, it's the owners of the images that have to move them. If the owner of an image doesn't know what category it belongs to, then there isn't much chance of them adding a clarification to the title. My point was actally that a desciptive title isn't needed, since the voting system can work without that. It's not like we have refer to them by name to be able to vote on them.

Unless I'm missing something, it's the owners of the images that have to move them. If the owner of an image doesn't know what category it belongs to, then there isn't much chance of them adding a clarification to the title. My point was actally that a desciptive title isn't needed, since the voting system can work without that. It's not like we have refer to them by name to be able to vote on them.

But how do you know that an image in the abstract gallery is meant to be there, and that it is not one that should have been moved?

As an example, assume that an entrant has not moved any of his landscape or transport entries and that none are titled with the category. He could have all images included as abstract. As I understood it, this is why the comp organiser suggested that such non-categorised images should not be voted on.
Perhaps I am missing something?

I see your point. I guess we give it a few days, and then see if there are any stragglers regarding getting images moved to the correct galleries, before deciding on whether they are eligible for voting.

Okay, I don't know just what is going on here, but something is amiss. Went to the New Abstract gallery to change the destinations for my photos, and found multiple copies of them, and everyone elses too. Then, I decided to go to My Gallery to make the changes, as it would be easier than tracking down where all my photos were (originally grouped together, but now all over the place). On editing, I selected the Change Category, and Copy To buttons. Maybe that was too much, as when I went to look at the new category listings, I found multiple entries of my photos, but I also did not see any photos at all. No one's. So I'm going back and deselecting the Copy Photo To, and see if that clears things up.

PF

ps: Can't deselect Copy To, still finding multiple copies of files in the categories. And still can't see the photos in Transportation and Landscape galleries. Will I have to remove files, and resubmit? I might try that next.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also can't see any thumbnails except in the Abstract galleries but it appears that the one photo I tried to change the category on actually did change to the new category. So that works well.
If I clicked on the title of the photo in the Transportation and Landscape galleries then the large photo will come up.

Back