Illinois 2014 Chicago Fall RFF meet up ?

I attended the last meet-up in Lincoln Square and had a blast. It was fun to talk to other folks about cameras (usually I just bore my family to death). August 24th works for me, I think. I'm in transition between jobs at the moment and may need to go to the East Coast sometime before the end of the month, but not likely on a Sunday.

Glad you liked it, PJ! :) I was there too, and I enjoyed the conversation as well. Like you, no family member of mine wants to hear about cameras or photography, so these meetings are a welcome encounter with fellow travelers/kindred spirits.

Does anyone know about a bakery across from the Minou in Oak Park IL?

According to Yelp, Sugar Fixé Patisserie is on N. Marion Street more or less next to Minou. There is also Prairie Bread Kitchen.

Bump... the day is approaching but the weather ain't helping. Yet, when we met in Lincoln Square it was cold and snowy, but we had beers and horchatas and had a good time, didn't we?

How about 10nnish? I'm coming from DeKalb and would attempt at a 10 AM meeting, but might be a bit late because of traffic. Let's exchange cell numbers via PM.

I will show up with 2 of my M4s: the "pure" one and my M4-P.

Bump... and update: Sam and I will meet at the Sugar Fixé (across from the Minou, current or former), at 119 North Marion Street, at 10 AM tomorrow, Aug 24th.

Curious about the place? Click HERE to find out about it. See you there! :)

Well, how was it? :confused:

I couldn't make it because my wife wasn't feeling well. She was supposed to take care and monitor our 5 year-old, and if she's not feeling well... she ain't happy (and Edmund is still unable to sit still; he craves attention and would have been a pain to take him with).

I feel bad... and I may be picking up the same cold my wife has. Let's see if we can get together soon...

Well, how was it? :confused:

I couldn't make it because my wife wasn't feeling well. She was supposed to take care and monitor our 5 year-old, and if she's not feeling well... she ain't happy (and Edmund is still unable to sit still; he craves attention and would have been a pain to take him with).

I feel bad... and I may be picking up the same cold my wife has. Let's see if we can get together soon...

Everyone that attended had a good time. We even stopped at the arepas place across the street. Unfortunately, "everyone" and "we" was a group consisting solely of myself. :eek:

I ended up ordering a coffee and waiting around for about 20 minutes. Not a big deal, I ended up taking my daughter to Glencoe Beach (which I might not have had time for if an extended meetup had occurred).

Back