21mm Super Angulon

Seems there's a mini 'Barnack revival' going on! ha, good thing I've arranged all of my lenses now before the prices temporarily spike, haha.

I really doubt the differences will be noticable in 'real world' photos TBH (or so i'm hoping anyway).

Yeah. I was wondering what's up with that?
There were first Nikon virus, now " barnack revival"?

Seems there's a mini 'Barnack revival' going on! ha, good thing I've arranged all of my lenses now before the prices temporarily spike, haha.

I really doubt the differences will be noticable in 'real world' photos TBH (or so i'm hoping anyway).

who knows? i do now that i've missed my little IIIc i sold a while back. a lot. i guess the (currently) low prices are helping? compared to M's anyway.

Sorry to thread highjack, ha.

I'm trying not to think along these lines now that I ended up w/ a IIIG.... I love my M mount, but keep thinking about having a 21 for the barnack too...

(does a IIIG actually count as a barnack anyway?)

Anyway, I should find a LTM 90mm first for that...

-Brian

I just purchase one the other day. Very excited about finally acquiring one. Mine has a chrome finish and was well cared for by its previous owner - not a scratch on it. Paid $1300. But I expect that it is worth every penny. :)

Wow, that seems like a lot of money. but what do I know? not much about what Leica glass sells for.

BTW, the photo of that pristine Leica M w/Super Angulon mounted on it - I think it's an older one as it did a bit of vignetting. I'm not buying an SA because I can borrow my friend's rig anytime, all though it's a bit embarrassing when Leica cognoscenti stare in horror at the body and say things like, "What the f*** happened to that camera?

5124170748_0250b2583a_z.jpg

M4 21/3.4 400Tx iso250 Rodinal 1+50 12min New York

thanks, lovely, I have in my flickr stream also a set from Prague, I loved the night's there to.

Great images you are presenting here.

Back