50mm/2.0 Ultron with M8

If you have a live view mirrorless camera (pretty much any of them) it is easy to adapt the Vitessa lens for about $30 or so.

Shawn

The Vitessa is long gone. For the Prominent mount lenses, I did make a temporary focusing mount out of a Leica close up adapter. But it was not very nice looking or permanent. To be so, I could use some glue or wads of duct tape. But hate to ruin a very nice Ultron.

How is the ergonomics? Fast focusing?
How is the rendering? Close to summicron and plannars or sonnar?
Does it deal well w/ flare?

I like how it renders those pastel tones. It has contrast.

I am still looking for a 50mm m mount lens and the price range here suits me fine.

A Prominent mount Ultron will cost about $200. A Nokton more like $550. Then you have to add another $200-250 for the adapter if you want it on an M-mount. To me, for $400 I'd just buy a different lens, ready to go.

How is the ergonomics? Fast focusing?
How is the rendering? Close to summicron and plannars or sonnar?
Does it deal well w/ flare?

I like how it renders those pastel tones. It has contrast.

I am still looking for a 50mm m mount lens and the price range here suits me fine.

The Amedeo adapter can be (by mistake) rotated the wrong direction, and lens could fall off the camera. There is some attention needed here. The lock is not rock solid for such mistakes in the use.

I am not identifying any flare effects.

I would say that the Ultron and the Nokton have their own charm. They differ from my other lenses, and I have plenty of lenses. It may render similarly to a Summicron from an older vintage.

A Prominent mount Ultron will cost about $200. A Nokton more like $550. Then you have to add another $200-250 for the adapter if you want it on an M-mount. To me, for $400 I'd just buy a different lens, ready to go.

Which 50mm lens would you be able to get for $400 that has the flavor and craftmanship and feel of a Nokton or Ultron?

Back