6x9 photos Only

8263266447_9fc437786c_o.jpg

Fuji GW690iii/Rollei Retro 80s/HC-110 Dilution H/Epson 4990

I love the photos of the little girl, light is cool. Did you put her against shadows and use a reflector or is that all natural?

Putting my Fuji GSW690 III up for sale. I wanted to let anyone who is serious 6x9 shooter this camera has a film counter at 013. Purchased it as NOS film counter was 001. I hate to sell it but need to raise funds to buy other new photo equipment. So it is still as new. Original Cost new was $1250. No trades please. But still shooting medium format film!

Hope its ok to repost a cleaned up and croped version of my mudy last post

Hope its ok to repost a cleaned up and croped version of my mudy last post

8320079358_d6c73463f4_b.jpg

Great shot.. makes one wonder....?????

Great shot.. makes one wonder....?????

Shot with Fuji GW690iii in Destin, Florida.[/QUOTE]

Makes one wonder why even bother with the GSW 65mm model... this one looks wide. I guess that's why I've purchased 3 of the 65mm models, shot a roll or two and sold them. I feel much better at 90mm and 100mm. Too much to compose in the 65mm lens.

When I do want a pano or wider vista, I simply scan two of the images from the 90 or 100 and stitch them into a wide image. Again, no need for the 65mm.

I haven't thought much about stitching scans. I do it at work with my D3s just about every week for something, but my film cameras are a getaway from work. I'm eying the idea of the Fuji G617(or whatever it's called). They tend to be a bit more pricey and probably out of budget, but I might set a goal to get one.

I haven't thought much about stitching scans. I do it at work with my D3s just about every week for something, but my film cameras are a getaway from work. I'm eying the idea of the Fuji G617(or whatever it's called). They tend to be a bit more pricey and probably out of budget, but I might set a goal to get one.

Gaoersi 617 should be quite a bit cheaper than the Fuji I think, might not be what you're after, but worth a look.

I wish forums would get with the times and add a "like" button to posts.

I loved my Fuijifilm GW690III and regret having to sell it not long ago. This thread makes me miss it more.

untitled 0338_07 by Levi Wedel, on Flickr

untitled 0325_06 by Levi Wedel, on Flickr

untitled 0371_06 by Levi Wedel, on Flickr

untitled 0329_08 by Levi Wedel, on Flickr

untitled 0371_01 by Levi Wedel, on Flickr

untitled 0350_07 by Levi Wedel, on Flickr

untitled 0317_03 by Levi Wedel, on Flickr

untitled 0326_08 by Levi Wedel, on Flickr

untitled 0330_04 by Levi Wedel, on Flickr

Levi:

Like! I liked your ability to find fun color in the mundane (rubbish skips, fire hydrants, &c.) -- helped on by the punchy coloration of Fuji films. I also liked your using the Pro Tire windows and the bridge trusses for framing.

I had to laugh (sophomorically) when, in your fourth picture, I momentarily read "FART SORCE" on the red store-front. The utility pole obscuring their sign covers just enough of the "P" to make it unclear whether it's a "P" or an "F", and I think the italic "FAX" jumping out of Sure's sign in the forefront had me thinking "FA..."

--Dave

Levi:

Like! I liked your ability to find fun color in the mundane (rubbish skips, fire hydrants, &c.) -- helped on by the punchy coloration of Fuji films. I also liked your using the Pro Tire windows and the bridge trusses for framing.

I had to laugh (sophomorically) when, in your fourth picture, I momentarily read "FART SORCE" on the red store-front. The utility pole obscuring their sign covers just enough of the "P" to make it unclear whether it's a "P" or an "F", and I think the italic "FAX" jumping out of Sure's sign in the forefront had me thinking "FA..."

--Dave

hahaha thanks! When I shoot color (which is nearly always), I try as much as possible to make shots that only work in color. I'm still mourning the loss of saturated films like Fuji 160C/800Z/Kodak 160VC, though luckily for now I still have some in the fridge.

Back