75mm f/1.4 Summilux Photos

Ororaro

Well-known
Local time
9:43 PM
I have started threads on the Noctilux, summarit 5cm, SuperAngulon f3.4, 35 summilux pre-asph and 40mm summicron, but I haven't started one on the 75 summilux.

So here it is! :D

Hmm, I realized I almost never use this lens on the M8 and I'm having trouble finding images on my computer, it's almost always attached to my M6ttl.

cmogi10 said:
Love this lens :)

Me too.
Funny thing: I treat this lens like a baby while I don't care abusing the noctilux. Weird. But I have to confess, the 75 1.4 is so sexy. Maybe it's enough of a reason... :p

NB23 said:
Me too.
Funny thing: I treat this lens like a baby while I don't care abusing the noctilux. Weird. But I have to confess, the 75 1.4 is so sexy. Maybe it's enough of a reason... :p

I take care of it without babying it, I don't baby any of my gear.
That's funny though, considering the cost of the noct.

Is it possible to block threads so they don't show up? The last thing I need is a case of the wants with the 75mm summilux.

MikeL said:
Is it possible to block threads so they don't show up? The last thing I need is a case of the wants with the 75mm summilux.

Block NB23 and you'll save yourself some temptations down the road. He plans to regularly update the lens threads :D

Here's a sample close up wide open... M6, Kodak 100.
Didier

Attachments

• 75_lux.jpg
    75_lux.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 0
On Superia 800
LeAnn05_798-vi.jpg

BTW - thanks Ned for stepping up and starting these great threads.

- John

Ok, so this is one lens I have no time for. f1.4 in a 75mm sounds nice but if you think the Nocti is a monster... Give me a 50mm anyday over any 75mm for street work. For longer stuff I always liked my 90 Elmarit.

It's big, but balanced. I never had a problem with it. The only thing that makes it a hard street lens is it's long focus throw, not impossible to deal with, at all.

If I were to buy a 75 LUX it would be to shoot interior lighting. It would be a specialty lens used for shooting bands, ect. I doubt if I would use it outside. Outside, i would use a slow, small 90mm or a canon ltm 100mm f3.5.

TJV said:
Ok, so this is one lens I have no time for. f1.4 in a 75mm sounds nice but if you think the Nocti is a monster... Give me a 50mm anyday over any 75mm for street work. For longer stuff I always liked my 90 Elmarit.

I guess I have time enough for both of us. This is maybe the BEST indoor lens. Yes a 50 is better for street work, except for maybe a 35 or sometimes a 21. And yes a 90 Elmarit as a GREAT street lens - especially when you want to really reach out and touch someone (so far as a RF is capable). But nothing beats the 75 Summilux for what it is good at - even a Noctilux, which is a whole different bag of tricks. The 75 Summilux is unique and has its place in the world - in MY world that is indoors and not "street".

- John

NB23 said:
I have started threads on the Noctilux, summarit 5cm, SuperAngulon f3.4, 35 summilux pre-asph and 40mm summicron, but I haven't started one on the 75 summilux.

That's a nice little kit you have going there, Ned. Do you carry all of this when you're on the street? If not, how do you decide what to take and what to leave?

I'd like to pick up a 75 myself someday. :)

marke said:
That's a nice little kit you have going there, Ned. Do you carry all of this when you're on the street? If not, how do you decide what to take and what to leave?

I'd like to pick up a 75 myself someday.

Yes, cool pic, too. You've captured the true essence of a little yapper. :)

Yes, I have a nice kit. However, I'll have to sell some. I don't want to have to justify owning those lenses. But they are so good, such gems. How can I keep the excellent summarit and 40 summicron next to the 35 lux and noctilux? Makes no sense. And no matter how much I like the noctilux, the Summarit is one of my all time favorites. It all makes no sense but I'm playing while I can.

I don't carry lenses with me. I'll sometimes *maybe* carry one extra lens in a pocket, but it rarely happens. The way I work is I choose a lens-of-the-day and work with it. Having a bag or too many lenses just confuses me more then anything else.

I understand about getting confused when shooting with more than one lens. I will occasionally carry one extra, but even that gets to be more of distraction than I can cope with. However, I often heard the warning to never sell any of your Leica gear, as you will probably be haunted about it forever, at least until you replace it. ;)

NB23 said:
Yes, I have a nice kit. However, I'll have to sell some. I don't want to have to justify owning those lenses. But they are so good, such gems. How can I keep the excellent summarit and 40 summicron next to the 35 lux and noctilux? Makes no sense. And no matter how much I like the noctilux, the Summarit is one of my all time favorites. It all makes no sense but I'm playing while I can.

I don't carry lenses with me. I'll sometimes *maybe* carry one extra lens in a pocket, but it rarely happens. The way I work is I choose a lens-of-the-day and work with it. Having a bag or too many lenses just confuses me more then anything else.

Back