7Artisans 25 mm 1.8 lens

Huss

Mentor
Local time
9:22 PM
Just picked this up for my OMD EM10 ii
$70 on Amazon with same day shipping!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073F52N4W/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Really nice build, smooth aperture and focus rings. Came in a nice box..
I know that this lens is rebranded by many others, not sure who the actual mfg is, but it is well made, light weight, balances perfectly on the Olympus and pixel peeping wide open shows zero issues.

Very happy, and now will sell my SLR Magic 50 T0.95 lens that came with the camera. That thing dwarfs the little Olympus!

As an aside, the OMD EM10ii is very very easy to focus manually. The EVF is great, and I think I find it easier to focus and the new Leica CL. Which costs a weee bit more.

Min focus distance with the 25mm lens:

Min focus distance with the SLR Magic 50 t0.95 lens:

Another pic taken w/ the 25mm lens. This thing focuses super close!:

One 'issue' that I have noticed with the 25mm lens. It has a very short focus throw that relies on you having to be very precise in achieving pin point focus wide open. If it had a longer throw it would make it easier, fer sure.

I got the Lux 25/1.4 Panasonic a while ago. I wonder how big the differences are between these two lenses? Worth $600?

I've been using the 7Artisans 25 for a while now and love it on my LUMIX G cameras. Compared to an adapted 24mm Minolta lens it's smaller, lighter, focuses closer and has better bokeh. Slightly poorer corner performance wide open, however, but once stopped down to f/5.6-8 is quite adequate. For the price, performance and build quality it's a great value.

I got the Lux 25/1.4 Panasonic a while ago. I wonder how big the differences are between these two lenses? Worth $600?

Raid, ya know Amazon has an excellent return policy if you don't like this $70 lens...
;)

If you want AF, then this lens is truly awful.

I think this lens is the newest and best product of those CCTV lenses, just repackaged. I have that Fujian 35mm F1.7 CCTV which had a cult following, also the 35mm f/1.6 "HD MC" which is crazy sharp wide open and has no vignetting on M4/3 bodies.

It will give a 90mm view on M 4/3. The lens is quite cheap at $38 on ebay with adapters.

Do you have a link for the 35/1.6 HD MC ? Is it for $43 at Amazon?

It will give a 90mm view on M 4/3. The lens is quite cheap at $38 on ebay with adapters.

Do you have a link for the 35/1.6 HD MC ? Is it for $43 at Amazon?

Wouldn't the 35mm give a 70mm view? M4/3 doubles the value due to the crop.

Yes, this is correct. I don't need a tele for M 4/3. What I need is an amazingly good wide angle lens for M 4/3.
How good is the Olympus 12mm 2.0? A 17mm lens would also do.
CV wide angle lenses would also work well, I think.
Such as Voigtlander 12mm F5.6 Ultra-Wide Heliar M-mount lens - ver II

https://www.amazon.com/Fotasy-L3516...UTF8&qid=1514846938&sr=8-4&keywords=35mm+f1.6

Yes, this is the lens. I bought it for $30 in China. It was sold under many names..The manufacturer is rumored to be located in Fujian province in China.

pls do not confused people w these c-mount surveillance lens to 7artisan lenses,
$70 for 25/1.8 Artisan, (there is a Lumix 25/1.7 af for $147), so the artisan is a good buy bcs it's a Chinese design, Chinese lens w a different and new rendering character from that of Lumix Leica

https://www.amazon.com/PANASONIC-LU...14848306&sr=8-3&keywords=lumix+25mm+f1.7+lens

btw, i'm originally from Fujian Province, An-xi, Fujian, China

pls do not confused people w these c-mount surveillance lens to 7artisan lenses,
$70 for 25/1.8 Artisan, (there is a Lumix 25/1.7 af for $147), so the artisan is a good buy bcs it's a Chinese design, Chinese lens w a different and new rendering character from that of Lumix Leica

https://www.amazon.com/PANASONIC-LU...14848306&sr=8-3&keywords=lumix+25mm+f1.7+lens

btw, i'm originally from Fujian Province, An-xi, Fujian, China

My bad. I have no evidence that it is indeed a repackaged CCTV lens. It's just to me those 25mm f1.8 lenses look suspiciously similar to each others, same FL, same aperture, same numbers of blades, same "no f/11"... There you go the same lens branded in another name.

I would at least remove the "HD.MC" from the front ring if I was the maker :D.

BTW:Actually the newer CCTV lenses (which are Chinese design)provide surprisingly good image quality, the makers are just not good at packaging their lenses to make them look more premium.

The 7artisans lenses seem to be well made and their prices are very low. I have only the 50/1.1 so far. I also have a CCTV 25/1.4 that I used once and never again. It is a fun lens to play with.

Yes, this is correct. I don't need a tele for M 4/3. What I need is an amazingly good wide angle lens for M 4/3.

Raid my old friend,
ANY Zuiko lens for m4/3 is a good lens, Any Lumix lens for m4/3 is a good lens; cost to performance-wise, i have the lumix 14/2.5,(there is a ii version) and a Zuiko 14-42ii, they are great lenses $300 for both, 12(24), 17 (34), why not? As for body, for the look, choose the Pen, or like Huss, get the em10ii, that is a very wise pick, last month, Samys Los Angeles had the 10ii for $299 w a 14-42 Zuiko!

I have the Oly 17mm f/2.8. Cheaper and more compact than the premium 17/1.8. It has plastic body with metal mount. It STAYS on my PEN EP3 and I've used it in swamps, on boats, in forests, and traveled a lot with it. No complain here.

Krageholmssjön 235-W by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

The Secret of Blue Flowers by X. Yang, 於 Flickr

Attachments

• pn_424799.jpg@596w_1l.jpg
    pn_424799.jpg@596w_1l.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 0
That was a very good deal!
Best Buy asks for $499 for the set.
I will check out the Lumix 14/2.5 II.

The 17/1.8 now sells new for 349.

Thanks for the tips.

Back