A really tough decision....

As much as I like(d) the Mamiya 7ii, it had one big disadvantage for me and that is the step from 6x6 to 6x7 making everything much more expensive... Slide-projector or enlarger, for 6x6 no big problem (I have a Durst M605 / CLS66) but for 6x7 ? If I would be more into 120, the announced Fuji folder looks promising (because it can be switched from 6x6 to 6x7) with a 50mm lens....:)

If you decide to go back to film, do you still have your Nikon 8000 film scanner ? Every lower grade scanner will disappoint you, once you start comparing and especially after having used the M8 ... If you are concerned about your ZM Sonnar and like the ergonomics of the Mamiya 7ii then give the Zeiss Ikon a try ...

I like to share images, yet the only real way for me is via the computer. Yet I dislike the film to digital process.
I use both film and digital, and I'm not a fan of scanning film. I however like to have all my projects available in the same domain so for now I try to scan everything. This means I usually have several rolls of backlog. Don't get there. :)

One option is scanning prints for sharing. This will limit the amount of scanning and you can get decent (web) quality very quickly with a very affordable flatbed.

Back