A Tweet about why Agfa and Fuji are getting out of the film business.

Another indicator that Fujifilm is slowly and step-by-step changing direction to a stronger support of normal films (besides instax films) is that they just recently invested in an additional marketing for standard film by this new internet portal for film beginners:
https://www.ishootfujifilm.com/

Would you spend money for new marketing if you intend to stop production?
Certainly not.

Thanks for this info. I have not seen that.
And I agree: It is very very unlikely that a company would spend lots of money in new marketing if they intend to quit the business. That would not make any sense at all, because it would only be cash burning.
It is much more likely that this is another sign that Fujifilm will continue production of standard photo films in addition to their instax line.

Article is a bit iffy but I have a feeling its to sensationalise it to get views.

From a business point of view I can understand discontinuation for the lower stuff as the consumer market has moved on, our Holiday and party snaps are done on the phone in our pocket rather than Granny's old point and shoot now, some of the higher end stuff has come back now though.

I was directly hit by the Vista 200 discotinuation as it was my film of choice and I could get it in Poundland so I could buy it in bulk and not worry about the cost of each frame, I still keep an eye now just incase there was some lurking in the storeroom so I can buy the case worth.

Back