Adapting contax G lenses for Leica M or screw

Kind of a cool idea, Robert, that Cosina could fairly easily produce an R2G body to accept Contax G lenses. And just the sort of thing they might do... It would indeed be useful to have a different platform to use those fine lenses.

You know.. I was just looking at some prints from my 90mm F2.8 Sonnar (G)... and trying to answer why I am so big on the Contax G... then realized. The prints are vibrant. They are sharp. They are contrasty. They look alive.

Now I am looking at getting an M6 for use in quieter areas... and I despair. I have used and I have seen many lenses for the Leica’s. I have never really seen comparable. They are good, but I truthfully believe the Contax lenses are the best.

Sad really.

Yup, that G2 90 is an impressive beast. There are some Leica lenses that might match it, though- and I'm working on getting one for mine. The newer 90mm 2.8 Elmarit is supposed to be pretty, and I wouldn't mind a 90 Summicron... We'll see.

I still have an 85mm CV lens in Nikon mount- I coulnd't get rid of it when I traded the "KA-KLAK" S2 in for the much quieter Leica. MPEX didn't want it, new or no.

90mm is really sharp

90mm is really sharp

The 90mm is sharp. In my image below taken with the 90mm, zooming in on the original scan at 2400 dpi, I was suprised to make out all of the words on both the signs at the bottom right.

NoTx said:
Now I am looking at getting an M6 for use in quieter areas... and I despair. I have used and I have seen many lenses for the Leica’s. I have never really seen comparable. They are good, but I truthfully believe the Contax lenses are the best.
I hear the Contax G lenses are exquisite, except maybe for the 35mm. There are some really impressive Leica lenses too, each having its own character. For instance, the 24mm Asph is supposed to be really outstanding, and it's well known the 75mm Summilux is knock-em-dead gorgeous.

Doug said:
I hear the Contax G lenses are exquisite, except maybe for the 35mm. There are some really impressive Leica lenses too, each having its own character. For instance, the 24mm Asph is supposed to be really outstanding, and it's well known the 75mm Summilux is knock-em-dead gorgeous.

They are without a doubt my favorite lenses:)

The 75 is a lens I will be looking into... it seems to be the only really apealing lens... other than the CV 12 and 15. But, I am just starting my search.

Back