American Road Trip 1979 on Kodachrome

#USA20-13 Chicago from Sears (now Willis) Tower, Chicago, 29 May 1979
I've uploaded these in large 1920px size due to the amount of detail. There are reflections from the observation deck windows.
Auto Color applied in CS6

U27021.1703121931.1.jpg
The number of surface parking lots is unreal.

Those Kodachrome colours are just wonderful.
Thanks Pan, I miss them..
I was four years old when you shot these! Its a great portfolio. I was hoping you'd come through Fort Wayne during your transit of northern Indiana, but you passed about 35 miles north of the city. My sister lives in Elkhart now, one of the towns you photographed in Indiana. The round barn is cool, I'll have to go look for it and see if it is still standing.
I'll be curious to know whether it's still there, Chris. The route we took was at the driver/tour guide's discretion, but if there was consensus to take a detour, he was flexible. That only happened once, when a few of the girls really wanted to see Graceland.

I still can't upload images to my RFF gallery and link them from there, so these are uploaded straight to the thread. Can you please let me know if they are displaying at full 1024 pixels on the long side? If I'm not logged in they appear to be much smaller.

I still can't upload images to my RFF gallery and link them from there, so these are uploaded straight to the thread. Can you please let me know if they are displaying at full 1024 pixels on the long side? If I'm not logged in they appear to be much smaller.
Yes, Lynn, they are 1024 on my screen when logged in. All looking very good. I particularly like the baby bison. Much more cuddly then Mr and Mrs Bison.

Yes, Lynn, they are 1024 on my screen when logged in. All looking very good. I particularly like the baby bison. Much more cuddly then Mr and Mrs Bison.
Thanks John. Yes, much cuter than mum and dad.

Last pictures from Old Faithful area in Yellowstone...

#USA28-14 Old Faithful Geyser, Yellowstone National Park, 02 June 1979

1979_FE_KR25_USA28-14-Edit-1024-RFF.jpg

#USA28-20 Lewis River, close to the south entrance to Yellowstone National Park, 03 June 1979
My last picture taken within Yellowstone, on the way to the Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole
Edit: This might be the Snake River just outside the park.

1979_FE_KR25_USA28-20-Edit-1024-RFF.jpg

Last edited:
Back