Leica LTM An Engraved Camera I Don't Actually Mind!

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
I know that the factory in Solms has a display of cameras in their lobby -- one that was found in the wreckage of the Hindenburg, a Leica that fell out of an airplane, another that stopped a bullet etc. They may also have some that were presented to famous people (Albert Schweitzer, Alfred Eisenstaedt etc), but not too sure about that. It's a combination of Barnacks and M-series on display in the lobby, BTW.

Does anyone know if Leica will still look up serial numbers for customers to see when/where they were delivered etc? They did it for me once about two years ago for a Luftwaffe IIIc that I had, and even sent me a copy of the original entry page from their logs.

As I understand it, Leica no longer refer to their records for enquiries about serial numbers and who they were supplied to when new but I understand there is a committee that sits every now and then that reviews the requests and answers those that they think are the most historically important.

I have also seen a list of serial numbers and the names of the rich and famous to whom they have been presented. Where? Can't remember...age.

Hmm....perhaps I should contact them just for the heck of it regarding this camera. No guarantee that they'd respond or even research it, but it might be worth a try.

BTW I have a roll of XP2 in the camera now, and if anything of value comes out, I'll post a few shots.

I have a IIIa engraved with the name of its original owner, who was a historically significant photographer locally. I like it, because I know he bought the camera new in 1939 and I bought it from his granddaughter after he passed away.

Knowing the history of the camera is nice. The dollar value is irrelevant to me - when I die the camera will be passed on to someone else.

And now, time to get said IIIa out and run some film.

Grah & Plumacher (also: Grah & Plümacher) is/was a factory for open razors in Solingen.
I think, also with branch(es) in the USA.

I had the same though and found an Ewald Plumacher Soligen-Ohligs listed as a straight razor manufacturer 1928-1939. Really makes you wonder if that is the same family.

Bob

I got this camera in HKG second hands old cameras shop, is it ok if this camera? Why sold it again?
any scare things?

I got this camera in HKG second hands old cameras shop, is it ok if this camera? Why sold it again?
any scare things?
We seem to be cross-posting here with the other thread you started.

I just wasn’t using the camera, I sold it a number of years ago (maybe 7-8 years ago?). Nothing at all wrong with it - of course I have no control over what’s happened to it since I sold it.

Back