another bag thread! haters keep out...

I think I got what is perfect for me. Yesterday during lunch I happened to pass by a Lacoste Outlet and found this nice messenger bag. The bag has zipper for security but I leave mine open, a flap with magnetic closures on all external pockets and main flap. No more velcro issue. I put a Domke insert but a little small, no issues as I put some small stuff there. It has a zippered pocket inside where you can put your wallet, passport, etc. and 2 small open pockets inside deep enough that it won't fall out when you open it. At the moment I have the OMD with grip, an extra lens (45 1.8) and soon one more lens. I can still fit the X100 or EP3 there. This is a body bag so it hugs your body. Soft and nice quality canvass though I'm not sure if it is water resistant. Size is almost same as an F803 but shorter height. Here are some pics of it.

BagLq-L.jpg

BagL2-L.jpg

BagL6-L.jpg

BagL3-L.jpg

BagL4-L.jpg

Btw, Ipad or 11.6 MBA will fit nicely inside.

RFluhver said:
I simply emailed them and asked if they had any left. Lucky they did, in one of their stores in London.

You can try contacting them if you like. See http://www.pedlars.co.uk/.

Thanks. Think they are out of the one you have... But have other colors.. How did you make payment though? I wasn't comfortable with emailing my credit card details...

Sent from my GT-I9300

I just bought the ONA Union Street Messenger Bag.. So far loving it! Nice Ranger tan faded canvas just works. The insides are roomy enough to house 2 RF Bodies, 3 lenses, a flash.. If configured well I'm sure it can fit more lenses but i prefer easy access and i dont have a that many m lenses to begin with...

The bag is abit on the long side for me to wear it sideways, which is my favorite.. But it's perfect of slung across the back, messenger style (doh). The slim profile is great too, doesn't seem like I'm carrying a bulky camera bag.. It's as slim as a Hadley Pro actually.. Just longer and shorter..

Sent from my GT-I9300

i have had a green canvas domke f-5xb for about five years. i like it a lot. it's durable and pretty incognito. it's a good size for out-and-about, allowing me to carry an M body with a lens attached, plus two other lenses and accessories. about three years back, i added on a domke f-803 in waxwear. i knew i wanted a somewhat larger bag for travel, but i really didn't get on with this bag. i didn't like the waxwear (you need to reapply the ointment and the instructions say you shouldn't wash a waxwear bag in a washing machine), and i didn't like the light brown strap and body strips (which seemed to get dirty easily--and then need hand washing). so i sold the bag, having used it very little, and have been a one-bag guy since. just two days ago, though, i decided to get another f-803, but in black canvas. i still need a slightly larger bag for travel (so I can put in the battery charger and an ipad, etc.), so i'm hoping a canvas model will be much more to my liking. we shall see ...

I started out with a little a couple of smaller Lowe Pro bags but then a couple of years ago I got a Domke F2 and now I'm hooked. I love the canvas and it's a lot easier to find things in than the Lowe Pros for me.

My F2 is in a Nikon suede bag that my step-dad probably bought with it back in the early '70's. It's cool looking and well built but you have to take the camera and whatever else out to get to the lower compartments.

Here's the Nikon bag with the F2 and associated lenses:
IMG_1023.jpg

Back