Any Exakta enthusiasts here?

Dominik, I know what you mean about 'ergonomics' -- I just picked up a Schneider 50/1.9 Xenon lens to replace my wonderful 55/1.9 Steinheil, due to the fact that the Schneider has the push-in shutter release button. The Steinheil is a super-gorgeous lens, but it has a sliding button that kinda goes down and to the left (as you're holding the camera), which I don't particularly think is very comfortable. That whole idea of squeezing the camera together with that front-mounted release is quite reassuring, and I don't seem to get it with the Steinheil.

Just noticed a few more pinholes in my VX shutter, so had to pull out the fabric pen again!

So far they are looking good. I have a gooseneck lamp with a 95w bulb in it, pointing directly into the camera. After I apply the marker, I wait about 10 minutes, then activate the shutter a few times and re-check the curtains. I think I got them all (ha!), but some of the more persistent ones are down in the lower corners, even in the first curtain. With the second curtain, I practically have the entire surface covered in the fabric marker ink. I'll try to post a photo of the curtains and the marker.....

Back