Anyone able to contact Don Golberg DAG Camera?

This thread is hilarious.

Completely reasonable person says they are concerned that someone they sent thousands of dollars of their property to has dropped off the map, not returning emails, not answering calls, and no way to reach them.

A bunch of apologists scream back that people are too impatient and want instant gratification.

I don't see *anyone* complaining about how long it takes the guy to do his work, I see lots of people complaining about his poor communication skills, yet all the defenses are "good work takes time, stfu".

I emailed Don the day before yesterday, and got a reply right back. My third experience with him and he seems always prompt with his response and his repair work.

I emailed Don the day before yesterday, and got a reply right back. My third experience with him and he seems always prompt with his response and his repair work.

Will you email him for me about my 50 collapsible and 35 Cron IV, since he won't respond to my emails? I'd just like to know when he expects to get them back to me.

I emailed him yesterday and he replied last night...twice.

Call him?

Tried calling a couple of times already without an answer. I also emailed him again, after my last post, without an answer. It seems that both emails and phone calls are a luck of the draw thing, which isn't exactly what I'd call customer service, especially when my lenses were supposed to be finished a month ago. Before I found this thread, I assumed he must be on some kind of Christmas vacation or something, so I didn't bother him, but this is getting a little ridiculous. Maybe my emails are suddenly going into his junk bin or something? Would you mind emailing him for me??

I emailed him and didnt hear back for two weeks until recently.
He apologized and said my mail had gone into his spam box.

It's certainly not working out well with Don for me! In September I sent him a body and two lenses, one lens for CLA and then adjustment of both lenses to body.

I always e-mail him a month after I've sent something to see where it stands in his queue. In October he said he was about through and just needed to test them. In November he again said he was about through, just needed to test.

The false promises were troubling, and finally in December Iwrote I'd had to replace the equipment and just wanted it back by the end of the year in whatever shape he'd left it, with an invoice for whatever work he'd actually done.

Nothing by the end of the year; still no reply to e-mails by January 16.

We had a SF Bay Area RFF gathering, and the consensus that four months extends beyond excusable, especially because no special handicraft nor obscure part was required. The false promises seem even worse.

I'm a rather old customer who's sent him quite a few lenses, but IMO he's 'losing it' re: communications and reliability. I'd fully understand if he answered that he was ill or had to leave his work for a while (I've been pretty busy with chemo myself, so if he's in any difficulty he has my empathy/sympathy). But I'm through worshiping him as a National Treasure and will be sending things to Youxin Ye.

If I could just get that body and those lenses back, even in pieces....

Kirk

Back