North Carolina Asheville, N.C. August 4,5 or 11,12?

Links of interest

Links of interest

A couple of links related to our various discussions:

Adorama pix. As a place to get a better photobook printed
Hawk's M-Mount adapter for NEX. Lets you close focus all your M glass.
Freestyle Photo. As cheap source for fresh Tri-X, rebadged as Arista Premium 400.

What else? Please add your links - I'd love to have the link to the guy that made that Rolleicord adapter ring, the one that lets you put on a threaded hood.

Hey Dave and everyone else...I've finally got a moment to check in here!

On my way down I40 Saturday I decided to head for home instead of camping or crashing with friends near the race site. I don't know how much- if any- difference it made, but I did (in an old friend's rather infamous words) "win dat ****, yo!"- at least for the Clydesdale category. Out of 41 starters overall I finished 19th and I bested my time up that beast from last Wednesday by 10 minutes. The best part was my friend with the bike shop came up with prizes for the Clydesdales and I got a $24 gift card for Bojangles. So Larry, if you want some more fried chicken, see if you can get a ride to Statesville!

I had an awesome time Saturday guys! How super-random was the M9 encounter though? I'm still shaking my head over that one...

Dave, Mike, and the appropriate significant others....nice to see you as always.

And Jeff, Duane, Clark and Larry, it's a genuine pleasure to have met all y'all's acquaintance. I look forward to future meetings with all of you.

Today, Liz and I were talking about what nice time we had in Asheville this past Saturday. Clark and Mrs. Mackigator were such wonderful hosts. It was great to see Barry, Dave and Linda again, and it really fantastic to meet all the other RFF folks. A big thanks to Larry for being the catalyst for the meeting.

Asheville will be a regular Southeastern (US) RFF meet.

... Please add your links - I'd love to have the link to the guy that made that Rolleicord adapter ring, the one that lets you put on a threaded hood.

Clark,
Here is the fellow I used (LINK). I contacted him and asked if he could do mine in 40.5mm, since that is the most common small size filters I have. The price was the same as the one in the link.

--michael

i am so disappointed that i missed it. one of my coworkers forced me to cover her shift which made me have to miss this meet did anybody buy some of the rangefinders from ball photo ?

I don't think anyone made it to Ball Photo biscuitsmgravy. I gave it a thought or two during the day, but never brought it up to anyone else.

And hey! I seem to have fixed my post from work problem! There was much rejoicing...

Thanks everyone for this wonderful meeting !
Thank you Jeff for my first american breakfast (oh pancakes !), thank you Barry for reminding me that beer is the fuel of life (and I intend to live fully in Ireland), thank you Dave for your incredible kindness and superb southern accent, thank you Michael for being so interesting and funny, Clark for being so friendly and for being an awesome host in this city ! I wish Duane had stayed longer but Im glad we had to meet !

From earthaven,

Larry !

(Clark I just sent you a message !)

The Wedding Dress

The Wedding Dress

Sorry its taken me so long to respond but I've been busy getting our trailer ready for the big road trip.

I wish I had more time this past Saturday to get to know everyone better. And I hope to someday meetup with you all again. Maybe I'll even get a chance to see Larry in France too!

Clark, you may have remembered me having to go back to feed the parking meter? Well this is my grab shot of that day:

Sorry its taken me so long to respond but I've been busy getting our trailer ready for the big road trip.

I wish I had more time this past Saturday to get to know everyone better. And I hope to someday meetup with you all again. Maybe I'll even get a chance to see Larry in France too!

Clark, you may have remembered me having to go back to feed the parking meter? Well this is my grab shot of that day:

Nice grabshot, Duane! Thanks for posting...:)

Great shot Duane! I also really like your site(s) -great work!

I finally got to my two TRI-X rolls this morning... bad chems (D76) apparently. BOTH rolls shot! Not a single frame on them.

:mad: :(

Super cool pictures.
I processed my rolls at PrintspaceNY in Manhattan, this morning. Quite happy with the results ! I'll post it as soon as I'm in Paris :) thank you everyone, I had such a great time in North America ! Lost 4 pounds though. Damn you organic food !

What's up guys? It's been an interesting few weeks since our walkabout in Asheville. I've won a bike race, crashed on my bicycle, spent two separate nights in the hospital courtesy of said crash, been operated on because of said crash, and been out of work since said crash. There's been other stuff, but that's the high(low)lights.

Because of all the down-time though, I was able to develop my roll from that day and finally hunker down and learn a bit of film scanning. Here's a couple from our day together:

img023edited by likkerfueledfotos, on Flickr

img025edited by likkerfueledfotos, on Flickr

EPSN9630.jpg

Inside the Mason’s building.

EPSN9644.jpg

Larry in the foreground, and Barry in the back checking-out some random stranger’s M9.

DSF0665.jpg

Asheville, NC

I should have bought a lottery ticket that day. What are the odds that we have an RFF meet in Asheville, with a fellow on vacation from France, and a guy with an M9 just happens upon us?

Back