Other Areas Bangkok RFF meet.....anybody interested?

Leica All Day

Mentor
Local time
3:36 AM
Sawasdee Krap....สวัสดีครับ
I have met a couple of RFF members that live here or have passed through here, but I think it would be cool if we all got together for a drink......I was thinking maybe on a Sunday when most of us are free.....maybe we can bring a print or two and have a good talk....anybody up for it?

cheers, michael

ok....I just sent out a couple of PM's to some other members here....I know that you know a couple of rangefinder users (Leica guys) in Bangkok....maybe you can ask them to join to.....i will post a date up here soon...

Hi, thanks for the PM. This Sunday should work. I'm assuming you are planning for the evening or late afternoon, right?

Hi Michael,

Sounds great to me, I'm in - weekend would be ideal, couldn't really get anywhere on a weekday before about 9:30pm.

Cheers,
Alan

OK, cool....this Sunday sounds good.....how about sometime around 3:30 or 4:00 then we can go out and hit the good light after and take some photos.....we should pick a place that is located somewhere interesting.....Chinatown/Sukhumvit/Silom/Siam????? any suggestions....I am open to whatever.....and as far as the time goes, we can change the time too if it is a problem for anybody...

cheers,michael

Sunday afternoon is good for me too - I'm flexible about the time.

Don't really mind where, but I'd like to avoid Chinatown if possible, as I spent a lot of yesterday morning walking miles round it doing some shooting (and my feet are still sore).

On the way home I happened upon Silom Festival, with lots of pretty young things dressed in their finest, so I felt I had to hang around for an hour or two to do some more shooting - it's great the way young people here just love posing for photos :). It would have been good for an RFF meet - some photos on my Flickr (they're DSLR shots, so I won't put them in my RFF galleries).

Outside Siam Paragon there's been a children's fair thing going on for a week or so, but photographically it's really not much.

Siam Square itself might be a good place. It's usually good for general people-watching - I was there last weekend and got a few shots, though not many.

I'll have a look around and see if there's anything likely to be happening next weekend (and I'll dust off the M6 and get some film out of the fridge).

Hey Alan......Yeah, I read about the Silom festival....I wish I would of went....I think somewhere around Siam Square would be fine....There are actually so many places that I like to go in Bangkok and photograph that anywhere is cool.....Ok, let's say

The RFF Bangkok meet will be on

Sunday, January 24th...

we can meet around 3:00-3:30 at __________ in Siam Square...Not so sure where we can meet.....I am sure somebody knows of a cool cafe/bar where we can hook up....any ideas from anybody..we still have some time.......

I remember that Anat (Kitaanat) has a friend who is a rangefinder fanatic and he owns a coffee bar in Central World (I think).......maybe we can set something up there...

Hey Anat, did you send out any emails to those Thai guys that were at the M9 opening.....anyways, feel free to make some suggestions.....

cheers, michael

Sounds great to me. The cafe near Central World sounds great. I'll stand by for the confirmed spot then

I will quite likely be in Bangkok some time towards the end of February or first half of March, so tell me if you plan on more meetings!

ok cool...just waiting for Anat (kitaanat) to see about that cafe that his friend owns....if not then we can meet somewhere easy to find in Siam Sqaure or close by......Today is still Tuesday so we have a couple of days yet to decide on the exact location.....look forward to meeting up with everybody...

will keep updating this page as we find out more info......

cheers, michael

Sorry I'm late.

I've 2 place for you to choose.

1 Whittard of Chelsea (open air coffee shop)
I used to have a vintage camera exhibition here last year for my office.
The owner and his friends are Leica users, I'm not sure we can meet him on Sunday.

2 StarBucks
Tel. 0-2255-6135
The StarBucks is a little bit easier to find.

Last edited:
Ok cool.....let's say Whittard of Chelsea........around 3:30-3:30 this Sunday (24th)

Do you guys think we should bring one or two prints to talk about or what?...after a drink and a chat, we can hit the streets....should be some good light and we will have some pretty cool options available close by to go shooting.....

cheers, michael

Sounds good to me. I don't have any prints as I'm still in a scan-and-post kind of mode. Would love to see prints, though.

Hi guys,
Glad to hear that we will have the RFF meet up here in Bangkok. I was talking with Kittanat in other web site about this. Unlucky, I couldn't make it this Sun due to my son BD party. You guys go ahead with it and I will look forward for next round.

Back