Bare Bones Bag

here it is, the BBB-R:

zeugs.jpg

OT:

Whats that??
You bought again a GXR?

:angel:

Rainer

To Stephen at figital. I want a back that has no velcro, a double (parallel zippers) for top access. The top zippers are connected by a a strap and pulled open in unison. I'm sure you've seen this design? Zipper has to be large and nylon for no scratch and smooth and quiet to open. Should hold a rangefinder system, but also hold my 5DMK2 with 50 1.2L.

OT:

Whats that??
You bought again a GXR?

:angel:

Rainer

hahaha, I knew you would jump on that ;)
well, actually I got SUCH a good offer on a M Module (it was new, and the body was basically free) that I thought I try it.

Actually, focusing my M glass on the GXR is so easy, that I am in love again...the one thing that bugged me about the GXR was the sloooow AF and the lack of a long lens...and I already had the M lenses, so what :)

The BBBE arrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiived... :D
First view is stunning good quality.
Thanks Stephen! :)

Rainer

Well I eventually got my BBBE after a delay with Customs. Took it yesterday though I wasn't carrying much in the way of photo gear. As usual Stephen the quality of materials is excellent. The inner lining is of very good quality and has a nice feel and I think an improvement on the original BBB. The front pockets while handy are quite slim but may give a little after some use. Have yet to try full outfit in it yet but will post a shot when I have. Gonna be using this bag next weekend for a days outing shooting the Chinese New Year celebrations. Though again I will only be carrying a small outfit, a Fuji X100 and X10 plus extras. I have no doubt the bag will be comfortable when moving through the crowded streets.

So I packed my stuff from my Domke f-5BX to the BBBE:

The BBBE is a miracle!
It looks a lot smaller than my Domke 5 but it has a lot of more place inside. My complete gear is inside and there is a lot of more space to fill!!

My opinion:
For us here in Europe this is a very expensive bag. With custom fees we talk about a total nearly around 170 Euros. Thats the net price for a big size Billingham Hadley Pro bag. But the BBBE is the much more practical bag. In building and make it fits like invisible to your body. A truly perfect currier bag for photographer!

Rainer

Looking forward to pictures of all three models.

I was going to order today, glad I saw this first.
More options = Good thing:D:D

I love mine. Also makes a great slr lens bag. I shot a session yesterday and it's great for prime shooters. Rotated my Nikon 24, 35, 50 and 85 f/1.4's in and out.

If you want to really go bare bones, get a war surplus canvas gas-mask shoulder bag.
Other than a kraft-paper shopping bag, it really doesn't get much simpler than that.

If you want to really go bare bones, get a war surplus canvas gas-mask shoulder bag.
Other than a kraft-paper shopping bag, it really doesn't get much simpler than that.

sometimes simple is too simple.

it's very nice to have a purpose built bag too.

Excellent. Looking very good. I was just about to order earlier today, but then remembered something about the upcoming colour options and decided to wait. And now I'll just have to wait for it to arrive. :)

@Stephen: I didn't see anywhere to indicate color preference so I put it in the comment section. I hope that is sufficient. I want the gray.
Thanks

The comment section worked fine for me. A bit of anxiety when I was worried it didn't, and couldn't tell from the order confirmation or paypal. But then I found my old password from a previous order, logged in, and confirmed that the grey flap was marked on today's order.

Just got mine and I couldn't be any happier!!!
The gray is a bit darker and looks even better in person.

Thanks Stephen!

Steven -

Order placed!

I should probably tell you that I've had my eye on the BBB-x for at least a year, more recently the BBB-E. I finally decided to make the leap but the kicker were those beautiful, telling photographs posted by TKH in this thread!

I think you should consider better, higher-res images of the bag and especially 'in-action' as the quality of its construction and practical use really shines when up close.

Steven -

Order placed!

I finally decided to make the leap but the kicker were those beautiful, telling photographs posted by TKH in this thread!

Thanks Daniel.
Let me say that you choose a really, nearly perfect bag. Its fantastic. I owned bags from Lowepro to Billingham to Domke and back and every time it was the same. The first days I went proud with the new one around the block. later in week two I realized that the famouse bag has a few points of negativ.

The BBB is the first bag I love more the more I use it. Its a miracle that you can put a lot more stuff inside than you think when you see the bag from outside. Plus the small weight of the bag and the perfect carry around feeling when you are on tour.
I just love it. If I wasnt still married and if the States are not so far away I would just kiss Steven for making such a bag... ;)

Rainer

TKH -

I own all the usual suspects (Domkey, Billi, Lowepro) and most will be making their way to eBay as soon as I get around to posting them. I've had so many bags over the years I can't even keep count! As one becomes more experienced you realize that 'less is more', and I look forward to loading the BBB-E.

My gear:

- Leica M6 + 50mm
- Nikon D7000 + 28mm & 85mm
- Seikonic L-398M

It might be a bit tight in there, but judging from the pics it should be doable.

-> Oh! Forgot to ask... that shoulder pad is *removable* right? Can't stand shoulder pads.

Back