Bare Bones Bag

Thanks for that Randy. I like the BBBs buut I have already found the rear pocket and the small front pockets a tad tight. There's only room for slim items as there's no 'give' in them. That said i have two, the original along with the BBBE. Love the quality and the bags are such a lightweight it's only the amount of gear that really weighs anything. I bought the Hadley Small and had it just a month before replacing it with the BBBE.

I'd love to check out this bag, but when I go to figitalrevolution.com, it says the blog is private and I need a password. Is this showing up for everyone else?

The new iPad is a bit thicker... just got mine on Friday so we are adding 1/2" to the length, 1/4" to the height and 1/4" to the front to back to help the fit for all versions 1-3. All other details are the same and again www.barebonesbag.com is the place to order from.

Cheers-
Stephen

PS- the iPad 3 does fit in the current size BBBE but I wanted to add a bit to the size to make it perfect.

I've got an iPad 2 in a slim case with the BBBE and it was a wee bit snug at first but loosened up after a couple of days such that now it fits fine. The issue wasn't so much with the size of the back pocket, but rather, how easy it was to close the zipper.

-Randy

I have an Ipod 2 and use the Otterbox case, which has to be one of the biggest ipod cases on the market.

At first it was almost impossible to get the ipod in the back section with the zippers closed. Now after a using it for a while it has broken in nicely and my ipod fits perfectly.

Well I got my Ipad 3 and find that it will fit the BBBE without it's case but not with it. A bit disappointed as I'd like to use the case for extra protection. I bought the BBBE when it was announced because it woould would the ipad and I do like teh quality of the bags....I've had three. If indeed the new ipad is slightly larger than the older two then there's no way it's gonna eventually fit as the zipper just isn't gonna stretch that far. Shame.

I have an Ipod 2 and use the Otterbox case, which has to be one of the biggest ipod cases on the market.

At first it was almost impossible to get the ipod in the back section with the zippers closed. Now after a using it for a while it has broken in nicely and my ipod fits perfectly.

iPod or iPad?

I've been considering a BBBE for my new NEX-7 kit and a future iPad - I have a first generation BBB that I love.

Well I got my Ipad 3 and find that it will fit the BBBE without it's case but not with it. A bit disappointed as I'd like to use the case for extra protection. I bought the BBBE when it was announced because it woould would the ipad and I do like teh quality of the bags....I've had three. If indeed the new ipad is slightly larger than the older two then there's no way it's gonna eventually fit as the zipper just isn't gonna stretch that far. Shame.

This was the reason I went to courierware and had a bag made specifically to my needs. The BBB bags look good (and are made by courierware) but I got the flexibility and the exact bag lay out I wanted, as well as a decent sized back inner pocket that holds my ipad 1 in the apple case inside a courierware ipad case!

Sounds good, Menthel. Any shots to show us? Did you get it in the UK or import?

I have the original BBB too and it still gets some use. The BBBE is nice and the inside is much better now. Love the lightweight and the way they lie so flat to your body.

Sounds good, Menthel. Any shots to show us? Did you get it in the UK or import?

I have the original BBB too and it still gets some use. The BBBE is nice and the inside is much better now. Love the lightweight and the way they lie so flat to your body.

Made by the courierware guys in the Us and imported over here. Worked out about £200 all told but is used as an everyday bag for work and as a photobag (the inserrt is easily removed). I will try to get some photos up at some point but I am rather slack about such things! ;)

It does easily fit my ipad, M6, all 3 lenses, filters and films as well as one of either my Rolleiflex T or NEX-5N inside comfortably. Its not as small as the BBB-E but is not big by any sense of the imagination and is very comfortable to carry.

Thanks for that. I just looked at the Incognito bags on the Courierware site along with the removable insert but they don't look much different than my Lowepro Exchange Messenger. I bought a Puleme removable insert (£11) for it and the bag itself was around £30, even as low as £23 on ebay now. Its a well made bag and bigger than the BBBE, but with the removable insert I can carry my ipad between it and the bag.

I got a Lowepro Exchange from Amazon and sent it back immediately - it's nothing like the Courierware. Maybe I got a weird one, but this one had no exterior form or padding, just a couple of dividers and velcro on the inside. I wasn't worried about the padding, but it was impossible for me to put cameras in and take them out without structure.

The Incognito/BBBE are excellent in that they aren't too bulky or rigid but have structure to make getting things in and out easier.

Props to Courierware too - I sent back an Incognito because the strap was too short for me, so they e-mailed me back and remade it with a strap a foot longer.

I'm a very happy user of a first generation BBB, the one with no padded insert and the thin foldable dividers. It is my absolutely favorite bag of all time, and I use it interchangeably for my M kit and my N1V1.

I'm considering a BBB-E for my new NEX-7 kit. Can anyone here that has both an original BBB like mine an a new BBB-E comment on their relative sizes? Also, does the BBB-E drape as nicely as the BBB due to the new padded interior?

Back